external app listening to OpenSIPS/SIP events

external app listening to OpenSIPS/SIP events

Julian Kay

Hi;

I'm looking for some guidance or confirmation that I'm on the right path. If I want an external app to be able to listen to SIP events like SIP event 180 (ringing), is registering a custom event with OpenSIPS MI and then use "raise_event" to fire a custom event a good way to get my external app to listen to OpenSIPS events?

Thanks!!

Juls

Re: external app listening to OpenSIPS/SIP events

Tito Cumpen
Julian,

Look into using http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/event_rabbitmq This module allows you to spin up an event based at any moment in the script and pass variables in the process(Meaning it is a publisher.). Your app can subscribe as reader of the queue and do whatever task needs to be done. You can go as far as using this CDR as well.

Goodluck,
Tito

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Julian Kay <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi;

I'm looking for some guidance or confirmation that I'm on the right path. If I want an external app to be able to listen to SIP events like SIP event 180 (ringing), is registering a custom event with OpenSIPS MI and then use "raise_event" to fire a custom event a good way to get my external app to listen to OpenSIPS events?

Thanks!!

Juls

Re: external app listening to OpenSIPS/SIP events

Julian Kay

Thanks for the input, but for now I need to work with XMLRPC.

is it possible to create a custom event? I've been trying to use in the startup_route: subscribe_event("E_SIP_MESSAGE", "xmlrpc:http://192.168.3.201:8888/msgtests")

I get the error: ERROR: core:evi_event_subscribe: invalid event name <E_SIP_MESSAGE>

Any help much appreciated, thx!!!

Juls

Re: external app listening to OpenSIPS/SIP events

Razvan Crainea-3
Hi, Julian!

Make sure you are raising that event from your script (i.e. raise_event("E_SIP_MESSAGE")).

http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-EventInterface#toc9

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 12/24/2015 03:39 AM, Julian Kay wrote:

[...]

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer

Re: external app listening to OpenSIPS/SIP events

Julian Kay

THANKS!!

raising the event in the script got rid of the error.

But OpenSIPS is not calling the method I'm testing on a Tomcat XMLRPC serverlet. This is my actual event subscription code I'm using:                 subscribe_event("E_SIP_MESSAGE","xmlrpc:192.168.3.132:8080:ccurbiz.xmlrpc.OpenSIPSInterface.msgtests");

I've tried several (many) syntax variations.

On the Tomcat server it always points to the root RPC2 and returns the error code 404.

ccurbiz -> is my  java project name

xmlrpc -> is the servelet mapping to the Java class OpenSIPSInterface

msgtest -> is the method I'm trying to call

I wanted to make sure the xmlrpc server was working, I'm able to successfully call the method with xmlrpc-test-tool

Any suggestion to be able to make this work with Tomcat server are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Juls

Re: external app listening to OpenSIPS/SIP events

Razvan Crainea-3
Hi, Julian!

First of all, is the event reaching the xmlrpc server? If not sure, try
to make a tcpdump to capture the communication.
If it does reach the server, what are the errors you are seeing in the
Tomcat server?

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 01/07/2016 12:32 AM, Julian Kay wrote:

> THANKS!!
>
> _raising the event in the script got rid of the error._
>
> But OpenSIPS is not calling the method I'm testing on a Tomcat XMLRPC
> serverlet. This is my actual event subscription code I'm using:
>
> subscribe_event("E_SIP_MESSAGE","xmlrpc:192.168.3.132:8080:ccurbiz.xmlrpc.OpenSIPSInterface.msgtests");
>
> I've tried several (many) syntax variations.
>
> On the Tomcat server it always points to the root RPC2 and returns the
> error code 404.
>
> ccurbiz -> is my  java project name
>
> xmlrpc -> is the servelet mapping to the Java class OpenSIPSInterface
>
> msgtest -> is the method I'm trying to call
>
> I wanted to make sure the xmlrpc server was working, I'm able to
> successfully call the method with xmlrpc-test-tool
>
> Any suggestion to be able to make this work with Tomcat server are
> greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Juls

Thanks for your help!!

yes the event is reaching the xmlrpc server I'm including 2 entries in the Tomcat log file:

call using xmlrpc-test-tool: 192.168.3.167 - - [06/Jan/2016:16:26:11 -0500] "POST /ccurbiz/xmlrpc/RPC2 HTTP/1.0" 200 156

call using event_xmlrpc: 192.168.3.167 - - [06/Jan/2016:23:21:19 -0500] "POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.1" 404 959

(192.168.3.167 is the OpenSIPs server)

I've tried a few variations for the host name parameter including:
subscribe_event("E_SIP_MESSAGE","xmlrpc:192.168.3.132:8080:ccurbiz.xmlrpc.OpenSIPSInterface.msgtests");

subscribe_event("E_SIP_MESSAGE","xmlrpc:192.168.3.132:8080/ccurbiz/xmlrpc:OpenSIPSInterface.msgtests"); -> this is the most similar to other xmlrpc clients I've tested.

Best regards!
Juls

First of all, is the event reaching the xmlrpc server? If not sure, try to make a tcpdump to capture the communication.
If it does reach the server, what are the errors you are seeing in the Tomcat server?

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 01/07/2016 12:32 AM, Julian Kay wrote:

> THANKS!!
>
> _raising the event in the script got rid of the error._
>
> But OpenSIPS is not calling the method I'm testing on a Tomcat XMLRPC
> serverlet. This is my actual event subscription code I'm using:
>
> subscribe_event("E_SIP_MESSAGE","xmlrpc:192.168.3.132:8080:ccurbiz.xml
> rpc.OpenSIPSInterface.msgtests");
>
> I've tried several (many) syntax variations.
>
> On the Tomcat server it always points to the root RPC2 and returns the
> error code 404.
>
> ccurbiz -> is my  java project name
>
> xmlrpc -> is the servelet mapping to the Java class OpenSIPSInterface
>
> msgtest -> is the method I'm trying to call
>
> I wanted to make sure the xmlrpc server was working, I'm able to
> successfully call the method with xmlrpc-test-tool
>
> Any suggestion to be able to make this work with Tomcat server are
> greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Juls

Ionut Ionita-2
Hi,

     Fixed it (at least tried to) with this commit
https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/commit/be43fcdb7696c6ee53673b351380fe701c209a44.
Can you please test it an tell me if everything works
correctly? If no path provided '/RPC2' shall be used as before, but if
you do provide a path
(like '/ccurbiz/xmlrpc' in 'xmlrpc:192.168.3.132:8080/ccurbiz/xmlrpc')
the one you provided shall be used.

Regards,
Ionut Ionita