handle_publish wrong destination

Schneur Rosenberg
HI, my presence was working properly and now I realized that its not
working anymore for incoming calls, I dont have a external presence
server, I use the pua_dialoginfo, I did a trace and I saw that for
outgoing calls the system sends a PUBLISH to itself and then properly
sends a NOTIFY to the subscribers, but on incoming calls the PUBLISH
is sent to the internal IP address of the subscribers and of course
does not get anywhere, what am I doing wrong?

Re: handle_publish wrong destination

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Schneur,

For the incoming calls, the PUBLISH is sent to the internal IP address
or the NOTIFYes ??

Regards and A Happy New Year,

   https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 2019

On 12/23/2018 08:37 AM, Schneur Rosenberg wrote:

> HI, my presence was working properly and now I realized that its not
> working anymore for incoming calls, I dont have a external presence
> server, I use the pua_dialoginfo, I did a trace and I saw that for
> outgoing calls the system sends a PUBLISH to itself and then properly
> sends a NOTIFY to the subscribers, but on incoming calls the PUBLISH
> is sent to the internal IP address of the subscribers and of course
> does not get anywhere, what am I doing wrong?

Re: handle_publish wrong destination

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Schneur,

There is a bit of a confusion in what you are saying. In your original post you mentioned " but on incoming calls the PUBLISH is sent to the internal IP address of the subscribers " . Maybe you meant NOTIFYes ? these are the only requests sent back by OpenSIPS to the subscriber.
PUBLISH requests are generated by the pua_xxxx (like pua_dialoginfo) modules and consumed by the presence module (via the handle_publish). And when handling the publish, OpenSIPS is generating and sending out the NOTIFYes.

So which ones are you complaining about ?

Just for the fact, the PUBLISHes generated by
pua_dialoginfo are sent to the fix destination give by the "presence_server" module parameter.

  https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 2019
On 01/03/2019 03:04 PM, Schneur Rosenberg wrote:
The publish goes to the internal address of the subscribers, instead of going to itself, it goes nowhere and no NOTIFY is ever sent, here is a sample PUBLISH

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 81.18.5.78:5060;branch=z9hG4bKf248.d893da14.0
From: <sip:mysipuser@192.168.1.2:5060>;tag=fcab47ce4481840ab954c8dc7f9d517f-9b26
CSeq: 10 PUBLISH
Max-Forwards: 70

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<dialog-info xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:dialog-info" state="partial" entity="sip:mysipuser@192.168.1.2:5060"><dialog id="[hidden email]
mysipuser@192.168.1.2:5060"/></local></dialog></dialog-info>

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019, 1:58 PM Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email] wrote:
Hi Schneur,

For the incoming calls, the PUBLISH is sent to the internal IP address
or the NOTIFYes ??

Regards and A Happy New Year,

   https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 2019

On 12/23/2018 08:37 AM, Schneur Rosenberg wrote:
> HI, my presence was working properly and now I realized that its not
> working anymore for incoming calls, I dont have a external presence
> server, I use the pua_dialoginfo, I did a trace and I saw that for
> outgoing calls the system sends a PUBLISH to itself and then properly
> sends a NOTIFY to the subscribers, but on incoming calls the PUBLISH
> is sent to the internal IP address of the subscribers and of course
> does not get anywhere, what am I doing wrong?

Re: handle_publish wrong destination

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
The RURI/To/From are correlated with the presentity URI (you want to
publish).

I guess you use dialoginfo_set() in your script ? Do it before
lookup(location), to learn the AOR and not the contact of the callee.
Or, use the caller_spec_param and callee_spec_param to construct your
own presentities