how to Register with OpenSIPS?

Christian Cambier

Hi.

I'm new to using SIP proxies (OpenSIPS) so maybe it is a basic question but anyway...

I have a few SIP phones that register at some PBX (say 10.2.3.4)

Registration without a proxy works fine

What I'd like to do now is to use OpenSIPS as proxy and define the registrar for all my clients there.

So that when the registrar changes i only have to change it in the proxy instead of in all the clients

Is that possible? if so, how do you implement it?

By specifying a route in some config file?

thx

Chris

Re: how to Register with OpenSIPS?

Ali Pey
What do you mean by 'Registrar Changes'?

You can basically have your sip phones register with the opensips server(s). Your pbx would only need to know the opensips ip address. You can have redundant opensips servers with a virtual ip address and heartbeat. When one goes down, the other one would take over. All the registration info would be in a database such as mysql.

Regards,
Ali Pey