kamailio / opensips configuration

ContactTel Business

Can anyone point me to a basic working T38 relay fax config ?

I would need to write the upstream domain Fu and Tu on the inbound side ( mangling i think)

Basically clients reg to the kamailio/opensips and it relays to 1 of 2 upstream t38 providers...

Re: kamailio / opensips configuration

There is no magic needed to make T38 working with opensips - T38 is a
codec, so it is involving only the end parties and not the mid proxies.
You just have to take care of correctly routing the sequential requests
in the dialogs as FAX usage typically requires a re-INVITE for
re-negotiating the codecs...

Other, even the default CFG script that comes with OpenSIPS shouls do
the job.

ContactTel Business wrote:

> Can anyone point me to a basic working T38 relay fax config ?
>

> I would need to write the upstream domain Fu and Tu on the inbound
> side ( mangling i think)
>

> Basically clients reg to the kamailio/opensips and it relays to 1 of 2
> upstream t38 providers...

Re: kamailio / opensips configuration

triplef
Well, not really since it wont work ;)

I guess i need more tuning..

Also the reply of reinvite from upstream is rewriting the to and from which
i need to mangle i guess

Thanks

ContactTel Business wrote:

> Can anyone point me to a basic working T38 relay fax config ?
>

> I would need to write the upstream domain Fu and Tu on the inbound
> side ( mangling i think)
>

> Basically clients reg to the kamailio/opensips and it relays to 1 of 2
> upstream t38 providers...

Re: kamailio / opensips configuration

Zahid Mehmood
Are your media gateways (or end points) configured for T38?  I had to
configure the Cisco media gateway to support T38.

Have you looked at packet capture to see where it is failing?

I was able to see a negative reply from the gateway when the fax server
tried to re-invite to negotiate T38.

--
Zahid

ContactTel Business wrote:

> Can anyone point me to a basic working T38 relay fax config ?
>

> I would need to write the upstream domain Fu and Tu on the inbound
> side ( mangling i think)
>

> Basically clients reg to the kamailio/opensips and it relays to 1 of 2

> upstream t38 providers...

Re: kamailio / opensips configuration

With the default script it should work, but after tuning and
customizations, I cannot say :)

Could you be more specific in what is not working?
Is the audio call set correctly?
Is the re-INVITE for T38 ok ?

El Martes, 28 de Abril de 2009, Frank escribió:
> Also the reply of reinvite from upstream is rewriting the to and from which
> i need to mangle i guess

sure? why? why do you rewrite the To? are you keeping the To "tag" parameter
when doing it?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>