lb_reload

Dmitri G.
Hi,

Is there a way to keep the number of the dialogs after running the lb_reload command through openipsctl?
When I add a new gateway to the mysql able and execute lb_reload command, the number of the dialogs are resets to zero in every gateways (I have checked it with lb_list, load counters are zero)

Thanks,
Dimitri

Re: lb_reload

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Dimitri,

reloading the data should not delete the dialog profiles, unless you
change the name of the resources (in the destination definition).
Is this your case?

Dmitri G. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to keep the number of the dialogs after running the
> lb_reload command through openipsctl?
> When I add a new gateway to the mysql able and execute lb_reload
> command, the number of the dialogs are resets to zero in every
> gateways (I have checked it with lb_list, load counters are zero)
>
> Thanks,
> Dimitri

www.voice-system.ro

Re: lb_reload

Dmitri G.
Hi Bogdan,

I mean it's setting the load=  figures to zero for all gws in the load_balancer table.
So if I have 2 gws with load=136 and load=227, after running opensipsctl fifo lb_reload, then load will be zero (load=0).

Dimitri

2010/3/9 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu către OpenSIPS arată detaliile 15:57 (acum 18 minute)

Dmitri G. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to keep the number of the dialogs after running the
> lb_reload command through openipsctl?
> When I add a new gateway to the mysql able and execute lb_reload
> command, the number of the dialogs are resets to zero in every
> gateways (I have checked it with lb_list, load counters are zero)
>
> Thanks,
> Dimitri

www.voice-system.ro

Re: lb_reload

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Ok, I got that :)

my question was - what you change in DB (before doing the reload)? do
you change the definition of the already existing destinations (like
resources) ?

Dmitri G. wrote:

> Hi Bogdan,
>
> I mean it's setting the load= figures to zero for all gws in the
> load_balancer table.
> So if I have 2 gws with load=136 and load=227, after running
> opensipsctl fifo lb_reload, then load will be zero (load=0).
>
> Dimitri
>
> 2010/3/9 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu către OpenSIPS arată detaliile 15:57
> (acum 18 minute)
>
>     Hi Dimitri,
>
>     reloading the data should not delete the dialog profiles, unless you
>     change the name of the resources (in the destination definition).
>     Is this your case?
>
>     Regards,
>     Bogdan
>
>     Dmitri G. wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > Is there a way to keep the number of the dialogs after running the
>     > lb_reload command through openipsctl?
>     > When I add a new gateway to the mysql able and execute lb_reload
>     > command, the number of the dialogs are resets to zero in every
>     > gateways (I have checked it with lb_list, load counters are zero)
>     >
>     > Thanks,
>     > Dimitri
>     >
>     >
>

>     --
>     Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>     www.voice-system.ro <http://www.voice-system.ro>

www.voice-system.ro

Re: lb_reload

Dmitri G.
I'm changing the resource frequently, btw these are asterisk boxes with agents, an inbound call center.
Every morning they call me and tell "dimitri today we have 200 agent for xx.xx.xx.xx, and we have 150 for yy.yy.yy.yy".
So I run a lb_resize to change the resource figure (the number of available agents).
There is no problem with this and I never change the name of the resource, just the figure. I can resize it without any problems.

But in case if they call me to add a new asterisk ip with resources, then I need to insert it to a DB, to the load_balancer table.
But how to enable to use the new gw other than using lb_reload?

If I run the lb_reload, and there was concurrent calls to the asterisk boxes (so agent=200, and agent=150), the load to each destination will be zero (load=0). Buit there are still active calls to the destinations so if I have 150 calls to one, and if there will be a new call to the destination, after a lb_reload I see load=1, where in reality there was 151 calls.

See my problem?

Thanks,

Dimitri.

2010/3/9 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu către OpenSIPS arată detaliile 16:26 (acum 27 minute)

Dmitri G. wrote:
> Hi Bogdan,
>
> I mean it's setting the load= figures to zero for all gws in the
> load_balancer table.
> So if I have 2 gws with load=136 and load=227, after running
> opensipsctl fifo lb_reload, then load will be zero (load=0).
>
> Dimitri
>
> 2010/3/9 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu către OpenSIPS arată detaliile 15:57
> (acum 18 minute)
>
>     Hi Dimitri,
>
>     reloading the data should not delete the dialog profiles, unless you
>     change the name of the resources (in the destination definition).
>     Is this your case?
>
>     Regards,
>     Bogdan
>
>     Dmitri G. wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > Is there a way to keep the number of the dialogs after running the
>     > lb_reload command through openipsctl?
>     > When I add a new gateway to the mysql able and execute lb_reload
>     > command, the number of the dialogs are resets to zero in every
>     > gateways (I have checked it with lb_list, load counters are zero)
>     >
>     > Thanks,
>     > Dimitri
>     >
>     >
>

>     --
>     Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>     www.voice-system.ro <http://www.voice-system.ro>

www.voice-system.ro

Re: lb_reload

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Dimitri,

Ok, so you do lb_reload just because you need to add some more
destinations in the balancer. You do not change the properties of the
already existing destination - this was what I was interested in.

Let me run some checks to see what about. BTW, what opensips version are
you using ?

Dmitri G. wrote:

> [...]
>     > > lb_reload command through openipsctl?
>     > > When I add a new gateway to the mysql able and execute lb_reload
>     > > command, the number of the dialogs are resets to zero in every
>     > > gateways (I have checked it with lb_list, load counters are zero)
>     > >
>     > > Thanks,
>     > > Dimitri
>     > >
>     >
>     > >
>     >
>     >
>     > --
>     > Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>     > www.voice-system.ro <http://www.voice-system.ro>
>     <http://www.voice-system.ro>
>     >
>     >
>     > Users mailing list
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

I'm running OpenSIPS 1.6.1

version: opensips 1.6.1-notls (i386/linux)
flags: STATS: Off, USE_IPV6, USE_TCP, DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST, SHM_MEM, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16, MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
poll method support: poll, epoll_lt, epoll_et, sigio_rt, select.
svnrevision: 2:6599M
@(#) $Id: main.c 6169 2009-09-22 12:48:37Z bogdan_iancu $
main.c compiled on 01:18:50 Feb 15 2010 with gcc 4.3.4

BTW, what I'm doing frequently is to resize the existing resources, and adding/removing new asterisk gws in the load_balancer table.

Thanks,
Dimitri

2010/3/10 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu către OpenSIPS arată detaliile 12:52 (acum 5 ore)

Dmitri G. wrote:
> [...]
>     > > lb_reload command through openipsctl?
>     > > When I add a new gateway to the mysql able and execute lb_reload
>     > > command, the number of the dialogs are resets to zero in every
>     > > gateways (I have checked it with lb_list, load counters are zero)
>     > >
>     > > Thanks,
>     > > Dimitri
>     > >
>     >
>     > >
>     >
>     >
>     > --
>     > Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>     > www.voice-system.ro <http://www.voice-system.ro>
>     <http://www.voice-system.ro>
>     >
>     >
>     > Users mailing list
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

Hi Dmitri,

found the bug and fixed it :). If you update from SVN, it should work as
a charm

Thanks for your report,
Bogdan

Dmitri G. wrote:

> [...]
>     > >
>     > > reloading the data should not delete the dialog profiles,
>     unless you
>     > > change the name of the resources (in the destination definition).
>     > > Is this your case?
>     > >
>     > > Regards,
>     > > Bogdan
>     > >
>     > > Dmitri G. wrote:
>     > > > Hi,
>     > > >
>     > > > Is there a way to keep the number of the dialogs after
>     running the
>     > > > lb_reload command through openipsctl?
>     > > > When I add a new gateway to the mysql able and execute lb_reload
>     > > > command, the number of the dialogs are resets to zero in every
>     > > > gateways (I have checked it with lb_list, load counters are

www.voice-system.ro

Re: lb_reload

Dmitri G.
Hi Bogdan,

As I see with diff, 1.6.2 also contains these modifications.
I have installed 1.6.2, and lb_reload works like a charm!

Thank you for your help!

Dimitri

2010/3/11 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu către OpenSIPS arată detaliile 17:19 (acum 18 ore)

www.voice-system.ro