listen to IPv6

Ali Alawi
Hello every one.
I am trying to use IPv6 as the main IP for my opensips server. then in the opensips.cfg file I added:
listen=fe80::202:44ff:feaf:d116

and I added the same IP as domain using
opensipsctl add domain fe80::202:44ff:feaf:d116

also I have modified the file opensipsctlrc and set the domain with same IPv6

After all, I am now unable to start opensips server using "opensipsctl start"

Please any one can guide me on the right way to use IPv6 here.

Regards
Ali

Re: listen to IPv6

vasilevalex
Just don't use link-local address.

-----
---
Alexey Vasilyev
--
Sent from: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-Users-f1449235.html

---
Alexey Vasilyev

Re: listen to IPv6

Ali Alawi
Dear Alexe,
thanks for your reply.
i use link-local because IPv6 still not supported in my country and can't get a global one.
however, i need to try IPv6  for local network testing. any idea?

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019, 4:57 PM vasilevalex <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just don't use link-local address.

-----
---
Alexey Vasilyev
--
Sent from: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-Users-f1449235.html

Re: listen to IPv6

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Have you even tried to check what is the actual error from OpenSIPS (like in logs) ?

  https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 2019
On 03/15/2019 06:08 PM, Ali Alawi wrote:
Dear Alexe,
thanks for your reply.
i use link-local because IPv6 still not supported in my country and can't get a global one.
however, i need to try IPv6  for local network testing. any idea?

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019, 4:57 PM vasilevalex <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just don't use link-local address.

-----
---
Alexey Vasilyev
--
Sent from: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-Users-f1449235.html

Re: listen to IPv6

vasilevalex
OpenSIPS will not start with link-local address. You don't have IPv6 support
from ISP - doesn't matter. First you need to configure your local IPv6
network to run properly and only then try to run OpenSIPS with IPv6 support.

For example, we test our configuration with docker environment. You can
easily create virtual IPv4 and IPv6 networks with docker.

-----
---
Alexey Vasilyev
--
Sent from: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-Users-f1449235.html

---
Alexey Vasilyev

Re: listen to IPv6

Ali Alawi
Dear vasily,
Thanks for your reply.
I will follow your instructions.
Regards.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019, 10:07 AM vasilevalex <[hidden email]> wrote:
OpenSIPS will not start with link-local address. You don't have IPv6 support
from ISP - doesn't matter. First you need to configure your local IPv6
network to run properly and only then try to run OpenSIPS with IPv6 support.

For example, we test our configuration with docker environment. You can
easily create virtual IPv4 and IPv6 networks with docker.

-----
---
Alexey Vasilyev
--
Sent from: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-Users-f1449235.html

Re: listen to IPv6

junkmail
FYI you should also be able to get get a Free IPv6 Tunnel from a
tunnel-broker.   I think you just need to read about the different
options as I know quite a few of them block SIP or IRC etc.

18.03.2019 06:58 に Ali Alawi さんは書きました: