loadbalancer module and SUBSCRIBE

fabio4prez
Greetings list,

I'd like to be able to load balance subscribes across the same set of servers I'm using to handle calls with the loadbalancer module.  I think I've read somewhere (I haven't looked at the code yet) that the loadbalancer module only handles dialog creating INVITEs, and not dialog creating SUBSCRIBES (for sip presence).

How do others achieve this?  Through the dispatcher module?  It would be really nice to reuse the current mechanism we have, because I want dialog load balancing behavior to be consistent over the pool of servers we have servicing both functionalies for.

I think a lot of the other modules have problems with SUBSCRIBE as well.  An initial dialog-creating subscribe (for long running subscriptions) doesn't create a dialog when create_dialog() is called from the routing script, which seems to cause some re-SUBSCRIBE messages later on to have issues processing 200 OK's back (not getting to the right place).  So are SUBSCRIBES not supported at all from within the dialog module infrastructure?

Thanks,

Bobby

Re: loadbalancer module and SUBSCRIBE

Vlad Paiu
Hello,

The load_balancer module works on top of the dialog module, which only supports INVITE based dialogs - thus you'll have to use the dispatcher module for handling the distributing of all methods other than INVITE.

Best Regards,
Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com