local_route and relayed messages

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

local_route and relayed messages

Brett Nemeroff
Hello All,
If I use $mb in local_route it's capturing the received message. I'd like in local route to be able to capture the full message that is about to be relayed. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Brett


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: local_route and relayed messages

shaheryarkh
$mb should you whole message which $rb will give only the body of the message (if one exists).

Thank you.


On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Brett Nemeroff <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello All,
If I use $mb in local_route it's capturing the received message. I'd like in local route to be able to capture the full message that is about to be relayed. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Brett


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users




--
Muhammad Shahzad
-----------------------------------
CISCO Rich Media Communication Specialist (CRMCS)
CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Cell: +49 176 99 83 10 85
MSN: [hidden email]
Email: [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: local_route and relayed messages

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
In reply to this post by Brett Nemeroff
Hi Brett,

Not understanding you - in local route there is no such like "received message" - messages in local route are internally generated, so they cannot be received :).

$mb will show you the SIP message opensips wants to send out.

Regards,
Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 02/10/2013 07:21 PM, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
Hello All,
If I use $mb in local_route it's capturing the received message. I'd like in local route to be able to capture the full message that is about to be relayed. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Brett

_______________________________________________ Users mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: local_route and relayed messages

Brett Nemeroff
Bogdan,
So I'm dumping $mb at the top of my route block and in a local_route. That should give me both legs of a call, right? I am suspicious that my local_route isn't doing anything.. 

I have an xlog in my local_route and I never see output from it.  Do I need to do something special to get a local_route to fire? I can make a complete call without any output from the xlog in local_route.

-Brett

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 7:37 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Brett,

Not understanding you - in local route there is no such like "received message" - messages in local route are internally generated, so they cannot be received :).

$mb will show you the SIP message opensips wants to send out.

Regards,
Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 02/10/2013 07:21 PM, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
Hello All,
If I use $mb in local_route it's capturing the received message. I'd like in local route to be able to capture the full message that is about to be relayed. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Brett

_______________________________________________ Users mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: local_route and relayed messages

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Brett, I guess you are aware that local route is triggered only when opensips acts as UAC (locally generated requests, not proxied). So for a call, such route will be triggered only when dialog module tries to terminate the call from the middle - see the "B" flag for create_dialog() .

Maybe you could describe that you are trying to do (as scenario).

Regards,
Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 02/11/2013 06:15 PM, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
Bogdan,
So I'm dumping $mb at the top of my route block and in a local_route. That should give me both legs of a call, right? I am suspicious that my local_route isn't doing anything.. 

I have an xlog in my local_route and I never see output from it.  Do I need to do something special to get a local_route to fire? I can make a complete call without any output from the xlog in local_route.

-Brett

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 7:37 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Brett,

Not understanding you - in local route there is no such like "received message" - messages in local route are internally generated, so they cannot be received :).

$mb will show you the SIP message opensips wants to send out.

Regards,
Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 02/10/2013 07:21 PM, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
Hello All,
If I use $mb in local_route it's capturing the received message. I'd like in local route to be able to capture the full message that is about to be relayed. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Brett

_______________________________________________ Users mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: local_route and relayed messages

Brett Nemeroff
Bogdan,
I'm basically trying to xlog the entire SIP message. Of course, I'd like to do something a little more sophisticated with it, but trying to proof of concept it first. I'm close with $mb, but I'm missing the relayed messages.

Thanks,
Brett


On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Brett, I guess you are aware that local route is triggered only when opensips acts as UAC (locally generated requests, not proxied). So for a call, such route will be triggered only when dialog module tries to terminate the call from the middle - see the "B" flag for create_dialog() .

Maybe you could describe that you are trying to do (as scenario).


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: local_route and relayed messages

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
As per IRC discussion, the actual problem here is the mis-usage of the local route for a different purpose than intended.

Brett, what you are trying to do is to capture the buffer of outbound request which are forwarded by opensips.

Regards,

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 02/11/2013 06:33 PM, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
Bogdan,
I'm basically trying to xlog the entire SIP message. Of course, I'd like to do something a little more sophisticated with it, but trying to proof of concept it first. I'm close with $mb, but I'm missing the relayed messages.

Thanks,
Brett


On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Brett, I guess you are aware that local route is triggered only when opensips acts as UAC (locally generated requests, not proxied). So for a call, such route will be triggered only when dialog module tries to terminate the call from the middle - see the "B" flag for create_dialog() .

Maybe you could describe that you are trying to do (as scenario).


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users