mediaproxy-2.x with floating IP

Uwe Kastens
Hi,

I have a setup with opensips and mediaproxy on one server and an
active/passive cluster with opensips.
- server 1 has two IPs, 1st internal 10.10.1.3, 2nd external 10.10.10.3
- server 2 has two IPs, 1st internal 10.10.1.4, 2nd external 10.10.10.4
- floating IP (driven by heartbeat-1), internal 10.10.1.5 and external
10.10.10.5

The plan is to start opensips and mediaproxy-dispatcher and
mediaproxy-relay after assigning the floating ips with by heartbeat.

After starting a call, media-relay closes the ports after 2 sec. If I
try the same with the real ip, everthing is working fine.

Anybody else using this setup?

BR

Uwe

--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

Re: mediaproxy-2.x with floating IP

Dan Pascu
On Tuesday 07 April 2009, Uwe Kastens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a setup with opensips and mediaproxy on one server and an
> active/passive cluster with opensips.
> - server 1 has two IPs, 1st internal 10.10.1.3, 2nd external 10.10.10.3
> - server 2 has two IPs, 1st internal 10.10.1.4, 2nd external 10.10.10.4
> - floating IP (driven by heartbeat-1), internal 10.10.1.5 and external
> 10.10.10.5
>
> The plan is to start opensips and mediaproxy-dispatcher and
> mediaproxy-relay after assigning the floating ips with by heartbeat.

There is no reason to run mediaproxy under heartbeat control. You can
leave both the dispatcher and relay to run all the time and use the real
IP addresses. They will just be idle and only the pair where opensips
runs will be used. You can even use both relays at the same time to load
balance traffic, no matter which server is the master.

--
Dan

Re: mediaproxy-2.x with floating IP

Uwe Kastens
Hi Dan,

> There is no reason to run mediaproxy under heartbeat control. You can
> leave both the dispatcher and relay to run all the time and use the real
> IP addresses. They will just be idle and only the pair where opensips
> runs will be used. You can even use both relays at the same time to load
> balance traffic, no matter which server is the master.

Thanks for your explanation. The reason I tried to use the floating IP
was, to have only one single IP Adress.

I think I woll follow your idea.

BR

Uwe