mediaproxy RTP ports

Julien Chavanton
Hi, I have a question about mediaproxy port usage, mediaproxy is a very good friend of opensips so I guess I can post the question here.

Our mediaproxy, is using  RPT port > 5xxxx it this optimal, shall I configure it differently ?

I am concern that some equipement may implement QoS efforts using this logic :

from to application priority
0-16383 unclassified lowest
16384-32767 audio highest
32768-49151 whiteboard medium
49152-65535 video low

Re: mediaproxy RTP ports

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
Hi Julien,

On 11/3/10 2:55 PM, Julien Chavanton wrote:

> Hi, I have a question about mediaproxy port usage, mediaproxy is a very
> good friend of opensips so I guess I can post the question here.
> Our mediaproxy, is using RPT port > 5xxxx it this optimal, shall I
> configure it differently ?
> I am concern that some equipement may implement QoS efforts using this
> logic :
> http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/rtp/faq.html#ports
> from to application priority
> 0-16383 unclassified lowest
> 16384-32767 audio highest
> 32768-49151 whiteboard medium
> 49152-65535 video low

You may change the port range by editing the config.ini configuration file:

port_range = 18000:20000

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects