mediaproxy relay on none default route interface failed

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

mediaproxy relay on none default route interface failed

Jiang Jinke
Dear All,

I tried to make the relay to listen to the none default route
interface, but failed.

Below is my configuration info and my env.

Using the latest mediaproxy-2.3.8 on CentOS 5.3.

I had media-dispatcher and media-relay running on my server which has
multiple NIC interface,
two public ips which are belong to two different provider.

for example:
eth0: 192.168.88.12
eth1: 203.xx.xx.xx
eth2: 63.xx.xx.xx
eth3: 10.11.12.21

route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
63.xx.xx.32    0.0.0.0         255.255.255.240 U     0      0        0 eth2
203.xx.xx.128  0.0.0.0         255.255.255.192 U     0      0        0 eth1
10.11.12.0      0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth3
192.168.88.0    0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
169.254.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.0.0     U     0      0        0 eth3
0.0.0.0         203.xx.xx.129  0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth1

But I notice that the relay are always binding to the one that has
default route
as said in the document.
I can use two machine of course, but is it possible to have two
separate relay that will
only sent out packet from the interface it's listening to.

my config file is:
[Relay]
dispatchers = 63.xx.xx.xx 203.xx.xx.xx
port_range = 30000:40000
log_level = DEBUG
[Dispatcher]
socket_path = dispatcher.sock
listen_management = 127.0.0.1
log_level = DEBUG
relay_timeout = 5
[TLS]
certs_path = tls
[Database]
[Radius]
[OpenSIPS]
socket_path = '/var/run/opensips.sock'
max_connections = 20

I tried to use the media_relay_avp before calling use_media_proxy();
but it seems the relay still listening to the other interface which
has the default route.

The script of opensips is below:
$avp(s:media_relay) = "63.xx.xx.xx";
use_media_proxy();

Regards,
--
Jinke Jiang



the debug log of mediaproxy:
Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-dispatcher[21925]: debug: Issuing "update"
command to relay at 63.xx.xx.xx
Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Received new SDP offer
Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-relay[21930]:
mediaproxy.mediacontrol.StreamListenerProtocol starting on 30028
Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-relay[21930]:
mediaproxy.mediacontrol.StreamListenerProtocol starting on 30029
Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-relay[21930]:
mediaproxy.mediacontrol.StreamListenerProtocol starting on 30030
Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-relay[21930]:
mediaproxy.mediacontrol.StreamListenerProtocol starting on 30031
Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Added new stream:
(audio) 10.10.101.147:20562 (RTP: Unknown, RTCP: Unknown) <->
203.xx.xx.xx:30028 <->

203.xx.xx.xx:30030 <-> Unknown (RTP: Unknown, RTCP: Unknown)
Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: created new session
4022675837@10.10.101.147: [hidden email] (3297793466) -->
[hidden email]
Sep 10 18:16:55 ssw1 media-dispatcher[21925]: debug: Issuing "update"
command to relay at 63.xx.xx.xx
Sep 10 18:16:55 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: updating existing
session 4022675837@10.10.101.147: [hidden email] (3297793466) -->
[hidden email]
Sep 10 18:16:55 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Received updated SDP answer
Sep 10 18:16:55 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Got initial answer
from callee for stream: (audio) 10.10.101.147:20562 (RTP: Unknown,
RTCP: Unknown) <->

203.xx.xx.xx:30028 <-> 203.xx.xx.xx:30030 <-> 203.xx.xx.15x:18550
(RTP: Unknown, RTCP: Unknown)
Sep 10 18:16:56 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Got traffic
information for stream: (audio) 10.10.101.147:20562 (RTP:
119.145.xx.xx:20562, RTCP: Unknown) <->

203.xx.xx.xx:30028 <-> 203.xx.xx.xx:30030 <-> 203.xx.xx.15x:18550
(RTP: Unknown, RTCP: Unknown)
Sep 10 18:16:56 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Got traffic
information for stream: (audio) 10.10.101.147:20562 (RTP:
119.145.xx.xx:20562, RTCP: Unknown) <->

203.xx.xx.xx:30028 <-> 203.xx.xx.xx:30030 <-> 203.xx.xx.15x:18550
(RTP: 203.xx.xx.15x:18550, RTCP: Unknown)
Sep 10 18:16:58 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Got traffic
information for stream: (audio) 10.10.101.147:20562 (RTP:
119.145.xx.xx:20562, RTCP: Unknown) <->

203.xx.xx.xx:30028 <-> 203.xx.xx.xx:30030 <-> 203.xx.xx.15x:18550
(RTP: 203.xx.xx.15x:18550, RTCP: 203.xx.xx.15x:18551)
Sep 10 18:17:03 ssw1 media-dispatcher[21925]: debug: Issuing "update"
command to relay at 63.xx.xx.xx
Sep 10 18:17:03 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: updating existing
session 4022675837@10.10.101.147: [hidden email] (3297793466) -->
[hidden email]
Sep 10 18:17:03 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Received updated SDP answer
Sep 10 18:17:03 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Unchanged stream:
(audio) 10.10.101.147:20562 (RTP: 119.145.xx.xx:20562, RTCP: Unknown)
<->

203.xx.xx.xx:30028 <-> 203.xx.xx.xx:30030 <-> 203.xx.xx.15x:18550
(RTP: 203.xx.xx.15x:18550, RTCP: 203.xx.xx.15x:18551)
Sep 10 18:17:04 ssw1 media-dispatcher[21925]: debug: Issuing "remove"
command to relay at 63.xx.xx.xx
Sep 10 18:17:04 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: removing session
4022675837@10.10.101.147: [hidden email] (3297793466) -->
[hidden email]
Sep 10 18:17:04 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: (Port 30028 Closed)
Sep 10 18:17:04 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: (Port 30029 Closed)
Sep 10 18:17:04 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: (Port 30030 Closed)
Sep 10 18:17:04 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: (Port 30031 Closed)
Sep 10 18:17:04 ssw1 media-dispatcher[21925]: debug: Got statistics:
{'from_tag': '3297793466', 'dialog_id': None, 'start_time':
1252577815.98, 'timed_out':

False, 'call_id': '4022675837@10.10.101.147', 'to_tag':
'ee5e73584226257a4ebacc86b8766efa', 'streams': [{'status': 'closed',
'caller_codec': 'G729',

'post_dial_delay': 1.2267410755199999, 'callee_codec': 'G729',
'start_time': 0, 'caller_bytes': 42200, 'callee_bytes': 11100,
'caller_packets': 844,

'end_time': 8, 'callee_remote': '203.xx.xx.15x:18550',
'caller_remote': '119.145.xx.xx:20562', 'media_type': 'audio',
'callee_local': '203.xx.xx.xx:30030',

'timeout_wait': 0, 'caller_local': '203.xx.xx.xx:30028',
'callee_packets': 185}], 'duration': 8, 'to_uri':
'[hidden email]', 'from_uri':

'[hidden email]', 'callee_ua': 'Sippy B2BUA (RADIUS)', 'caller_ua':
'Softphone PPTP V2.0'}

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mediaproxy relay on none default route interface failed

Ghaith ALKAYYEM
Hello,

I think it's not possible to use two separate relays on the same server,
I tried that a lot then I switched to RTPproxy.

Regards.


On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 18:22 +0800, Jiang Jinke wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I tried to make the relay to listen to the none default route
> interface, but failed.
>
> Below is my configuration info and my env.
>
> Using the latest mediaproxy-2.3.8 on CentOS 5.3.
>
> I had media-dispatcher and media-relay running on my server which has
> multiple NIC interface,
> two public ips which are belong to two different provider.
>
> for example:
> eth0: 192.168.88.12
> eth1: 203.xx.xx.xx
> eth2: 63.xx.xx.xx
> eth3: 10.11.12.21
>
> route -n
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
> 63.xx.xx.32    0.0.0.0         255.255.255.240 U     0      0        0 eth2
> 203.xx.xx.128  0.0.0.0         255.255.255.192 U     0      0        0 eth1
> 10.11.12.0      0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth3
> 192.168.88.0    0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
> 169.254.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.0.0     U     0      0        0 eth3
> 0.0.0.0         203.xx.xx.129  0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth1
>
> But I notice that the relay are always binding to the one that has
> default route
> as said in the document.
> I can use two machine of course, but is it possible to have two
> separate relay that will
> only sent out packet from the interface it's listening to.
>
> my config file is:
> [Relay]
> dispatchers = 63.xx.xx.xx 203.xx.xx.xx
> port_range = 30000:40000
> log_level = DEBUG
> [Dispatcher]
> socket_path = dispatcher.sock
> listen_management = 127.0.0.1
> log_level = DEBUG
> relay_timeout = 5
> [TLS]
> certs_path = tls
> [Database]
> [Radius]
> [OpenSIPS]
> socket_path = '/var/run/opensips.sock'
> max_connections = 20
>
> I tried to use the media_relay_avp before calling use_media_proxy();
> but it seems the relay still listening to the other interface which
> has the default route.
>
> The script of opensips is below:
> $avp(s:media_relay) = "63.xx.xx.xx";
> use_media_proxy();
>
> Regards,
> --
> Jinke Jiang
>
>
>
> the debug log of mediaproxy:
> Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-dispatcher[21925]: debug: Issuing "update"
> command to relay at 63.xx.xx.xx
> Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Received new SDP offer
> Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-relay[21930]:
> mediaproxy.mediacontrol.StreamListenerProtocol starting on 30028
> Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-relay[21930]:
> mediaproxy.mediacontrol.StreamListenerProtocol starting on 30029
> Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-relay[21930]:
> mediaproxy.mediacontrol.StreamListenerProtocol starting on 30030
> Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-relay[21930]:
> mediaproxy.mediacontrol.StreamListenerProtocol starting on 30031
> Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Added new stream:
> (audio) 10.10.101.147:20562 (RTP: Unknown, RTCP: Unknown) <->
> 203.xx.xx.xx:30028 <->
>
> 203.xx.xx.xx:30030 <-> Unknown (RTP: Unknown, RTCP: Unknown)
> Sep 10 18:16:54 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: created new session
> 4022675837@10.10.101.147: [hidden email] (3297793466) -->
> [hidden email]
> Sep 10 18:16:55 ssw1 media-dispatcher[21925]: debug: Issuing "update"
> command to relay at 63.xx.xx.xx
> Sep 10 18:16:55 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: updating existing
> session 4022675837@10.10.101.147: [hidden email] (3297793466) -->
> [hidden email]
> Sep 10 18:16:55 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Received updated SDP answer
> Sep 10 18:16:55 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Got initial answer
> from callee for stream: (audio) 10.10.101.147:20562 (RTP: Unknown,
> RTCP: Unknown) <->
>
> 203.xx.xx.xx:30028 <-> 203.xx.xx.xx:30030 <-> 203.xx.xx.15x:18550
> (RTP: Unknown, RTCP: Unknown)
> Sep 10 18:16:56 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Got traffic
> information for stream: (audio) 10.10.101.147:20562 (RTP:
> 119.145.xx.xx:20562, RTCP: Unknown) <->
>
> 203.xx.xx.xx:30028 <-> 203.xx.xx.xx:30030 <-> 203.xx.xx.15x:18550
> (RTP: Unknown, RTCP: Unknown)
> Sep 10 18:16:56 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Got traffic
> information for stream: (audio) 10.10.101.147:20562 (RTP:
> 119.145.xx.xx:20562, RTCP: Unknown) <->
>
> 203.xx.xx.xx:30028 <-> 203.xx.xx.xx:30030 <-> 203.xx.xx.15x:18550
> (RTP: 203.xx.xx.15x:18550, RTCP: Unknown)
> Sep 10 18:16:58 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Got traffic
> information for stream: (audio) 10.10.101.147:20562 (RTP:
> 119.145.xx.xx:20562, RTCP: Unknown) <->
>
> 203.xx.xx.xx:30028 <-> 203.xx.xx.xx:30030 <-> 203.xx.xx.15x:18550
> (RTP: 203.xx.xx.15x:18550, RTCP: 203.xx.xx.15x:18551)
> Sep 10 18:17:03 ssw1 media-dispatcher[21925]: debug: Issuing "update"
> command to relay at 63.xx.xx.xx
> Sep 10 18:17:03 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: updating existing
> session 4022675837@10.10.101.147: [hidden email] (3297793466) -->
> [hidden email]
> Sep 10 18:17:03 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Received updated SDP answer
> Sep 10 18:17:03 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: Unchanged stream:
> (audio) 10.10.101.147:20562 (RTP: 119.145.xx.xx:20562, RTCP: Unknown)
> <->
>
> 203.xx.xx.xx:30028 <-> 203.xx.xx.xx:30030 <-> 203.xx.xx.15x:18550
> (RTP: 203.xx.xx.15x:18550, RTCP: 203.xx.xx.15x:18551)
> Sep 10 18:17:04 ssw1 media-dispatcher[21925]: debug: Issuing "remove"
> command to relay at 63.xx.xx.xx
> Sep 10 18:17:04 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: debug: removing session
> 4022675837@10.10.101.147: [hidden email] (3297793466) -->
> [hidden email]
> Sep 10 18:17:04 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: (Port 30028 Closed)
> Sep 10 18:17:04 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: (Port 30029 Closed)
> Sep 10 18:17:04 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: (Port 30030 Closed)
> Sep 10 18:17:04 ssw1 media-relay[21930]: (Port 30031 Closed)
> Sep 10 18:17:04 ssw1 media-dispatcher[21925]: debug: Got statistics:
> {'from_tag': '3297793466', 'dialog_id': None, 'start_time':
> 1252577815.98, 'timed_out':
>
> False, 'call_id': '4022675837@10.10.101.147', 'to_tag':
> 'ee5e73584226257a4ebacc86b8766efa', 'streams': [{'status': 'closed',
> 'caller_codec': 'G729',
>
> 'post_dial_delay': 1.2267410755199999, 'callee_codec': 'G729',
> 'start_time': 0, 'caller_bytes': 42200, 'callee_bytes': 11100,
> 'caller_packets': 844,
>
> 'end_time': 8, 'callee_remote': '203.xx.xx.15x:18550',
> 'caller_remote': '119.145.xx.xx:20562', 'media_type': 'audio',
> 'callee_local': '203.xx.xx.xx:30030',
>
> 'timeout_wait': 0, 'caller_local': '203.xx.xx.xx:30028',
> 'callee_packets': 185}], 'duration': 8, 'to_uri':
> '[hidden email]', 'from_uri':
>
> '[hidden email]', 'callee_ua': 'Sippy B2BUA (RADIUS)', 'caller_ua':
> 'Softphone PPTP V2.0'}
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mediaproxy relay on none default route interface failed

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
On Thursday 10 September 2009 11:56:00 Ghaith ALKAYYEM wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think it's not possible to use two separate relays on the same server,
> I tried that a lot then I switched to RTPproxy.

That's not true, you could run as many Realys as you want on the same server,
only have to patch mediaproxy-relay to be able to call it with a
diferent .cfg as the default one, have diferent listen ports and no more.


--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mediaproxy relay on none default route interface failed

Jiang Jinke
Dear Raúl,

Thanks for the idea. But I'm wondering if there is another way to do
this easily.

Regards,
Jinke Jiang

2009/9/10 Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana <[hidden email]>:

> On Thursday 10 September 2009 11:56:00 Ghaith ALKAYYEM wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I think it's not possible to use two separate relays on the same server,
>> I tried that a lot then I switched to RTPproxy.
>
> That's not true, you could run as many Realys as you want on the same server,
> only have to patch mediaproxy-relay to be able to call it with a
> diferent .cfg as the default one, have diferent listen ports and no more.
>
>
> --
> Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
> Dimensión Virtual
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mediaproxy relay on none default route interface failed

Dan Pascu
In reply to this post by Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana

On 10 Sep 2009, at 15:47, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:

> On Thursday 10 September 2009 11:56:00 Ghaith ALKAYYEM wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I think it's not possible to use two separate relays on the same  
>> server,
>> I tried that a lot then I switched to RTPproxy.
>
> That's not true, you could run as many Realys as you want on the  
> same server,
> only have to patch mediaproxy-relay to be able to call it with a
> diferent .cfg as the default one, have diferent listen ports and no  
> more.

You don't need to patch anything. Just unpack mediaproxy in as many  
different directories as you need, run ./build_inplace and modify each  
config.ini in those directories as needed. Then run mediaproxy from  
those directories and each of them will use the local config.ini from  
its own directory.

Alternatively, if you want to use a system wide installation, you can  
copy the binaries from /usr/bin to a number of different directories  
and add a config.ini in each directory. Then run those binaries from  
those directories instead of /usr/bin/ and each binary will use the  
config.ini file in its own directory to overwrite settings from the  
global /etc/mediaproxy/config.ini.

Mediaproxy uses 2 configuration files. The global one resides in /etc/
mediaproxy/config.ini. On top of that if a config.ini is present in  
the same directory as the binary (media-relay & media-dispatcher) that  
one will be used to overwrite the settings from the global one having  
priority over it.

--
Dan




_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mediaproxy relay on none default route interface failed

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
On Thursday 10 September 2009 15:02:21 Dan Pascu wrote:
> You don't need to patch anything. Just unpack mediaproxy in as many
> different directories as you need, run ./build_inplace and modify each
> config.ini in those directories as needed. Then run mediaproxy from
> those directories and each of them will use the local config.ini from
> its own directory.

So ... "killing flies with bazookas" ...
So ... when having to update, need to update n instances, instead of only
one ..
So ... wasting hard disk (I know it's cheap ... but wasting anyway) ...

I think it's easier to patch media-relay to be able to pass the config file as
a param, as on many other programs around the world ..
 
> Alternatively, if you want to use a system wide installation, you can
> copy the binaries from /usr/bin to a number of different directories
> and add a config.ini in each directory. Then run those binaries from
> those directories instead of /usr/bin/ and each binary will use the
> config.ini file in its own directory to overwrite settings from the
> global /etc/mediaproxy/config.ini.

... no coments

> Mediaproxy uses 2 configuration files. The global one resides in /etc/
> mediaproxy/config.ini. On top of that if a config.ini is present in
> the same directory as the binary (media-relay & media-dispatcher) that
> one will be used to overwrite the settings from the global one having
> priority over it.

I have no tested that ... but anyway it requires me to been duplicating
installations  ... I still think that a simple param like -c configfile is
better.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mediaproxy relay on none default route interface failed

Jiang Jinke
In reply to this post by Dan Pascu
Thanks for the detail instruction.
I just use a symlink into the directory, it's working properly now.

Just like below:
/usr/local/relay1/media-relay   -> /usr/bin/media-relay
/usr/local/relay2/media-relay   -> /usr/bin/media-relay

Regards,
Jinke Jiang

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Dan Pascu <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On 10 Sep 2009, at 15:47, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 10 September 2009 11:56:00 Ghaith ALKAYYEM wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I think it's not possible to use two separate relays on the same
>>> server,
>>> I tried that a lot then I switched to RTPproxy.
>>
>> That's not true, you could run as many Realys as you want on the
>> same server,
>> only have to patch mediaproxy-relay to be able to call it with a
>> diferent .cfg as the default one, have diferent listen ports and no
>> more.
>
> You don't need to patch anything. Just unpack mediaproxy in as many
> different directories as you need, run ./build_inplace and modify each
> config.ini in those directories as needed. Then run mediaproxy from
> those directories and each of them will use the local config.ini from
> its own directory.
>
> Alternatively, if you want to use a system wide installation, you can
> copy the binaries from /usr/bin to a number of different directories
> and add a config.ini in each directory. Then run those binaries from
> those directories instead of /usr/bin/ and each binary will use the
> config.ini file in its own directory to overwrite settings from the
> global /etc/mediaproxy/config.ini.
>
> Mediaproxy uses 2 configuration files. The global one resides in /etc/
> mediaproxy/config.ini. On top of that if a config.ini is present in
> the same directory as the binary (media-relay & media-dispatcher) that
> one will be used to overwrite the settings from the global one having
> priority over it.
>
> --
> Dan
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mediaproxy relay on none default route interface failed

Ghaith ALKAYYEM
Does the dispatcher work on the same machine also?
Could you provide me with more details about running these two
instances?

Regards.

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 23:39 +0800, Jiang Jinke wrote:

> Thanks for the detail instruction.
> I just use a symlink into the directory, it's working properly now.
>
> Just like below:
> /usr/local/relay1/media-relay   -> /usr/bin/media-relay
> /usr/local/relay2/media-relay   -> /usr/bin/media-relay
>
> Regards,
> Jinke Jiang
>
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Dan Pascu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On 10 Sep 2009, at 15:47, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:
> >
> >> On Thursday 10 September 2009 11:56:00 Ghaith ALKAYYEM wrote:
> >>> Hello,
> >>>
> >>> I think it's not possible to use two separate relays on the same
> >>> server,
> >>> I tried that a lot then I switched to RTPproxy.
> >>
> >> That's not true, you could run as many Realys as you want on the
> >> same server,
> >> only have to patch mediaproxy-relay to be able to call it with a
> >> diferent .cfg as the default one, have diferent listen ports and no
> >> more.
> >
> > You don't need to patch anything. Just unpack mediaproxy in as many
> > different directories as you need, run ./build_inplace and modify each
> > config.ini in those directories as needed. Then run mediaproxy from
> > those directories and each of them will use the local config.ini from
> > its own directory.
> >
> > Alternatively, if you want to use a system wide installation, you can
> > copy the binaries from /usr/bin to a number of different directories
> > and add a config.ini in each directory. Then run those binaries from
> > those directories instead of /usr/bin/ and each binary will use the
> > config.ini file in its own directory to overwrite settings from the
> > global /etc/mediaproxy/config.ini.
> >
> > Mediaproxy uses 2 configuration files. The global one resides in /etc/
> > mediaproxy/config.ini. On top of that if a config.ini is present in
> > the same directory as the binary (media-relay & media-dispatcher) that
> > one will be used to overwrite the settings from the global one having
> > priority over it.
> >
> > --
> > Dan
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Users mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mediaproxy relay on none default route interface failed

Dan Pascu
In reply to this post by Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
On 10 Sep 2009, at 18:00, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:

> So ... "killing flies with bazookas" ...
> So ... when having to update, need to update n instances, instead of  
> only
> one ..
> So ... wasting hard disk (I know it's cheap ... but wasting  
> anyway) ...

I'm pretty sure you felt smart and clever while wording your indignant  
reply. Indeed, you absolutely had to put me into my rightful place and  
I deserved every dot and comma in it. What was in my mind trying to  
suggest some alternatives that work with the software as it is and do  
not require patching or a new version? But for a strange reason I  
cannot pinpoint, I do not feel motivated by your rhetoric. No sir.  
Shamefully I must admit that it made me think that I can spend my time  
better elsewhere. Imagine that good sir. I'm so ashamed. It also made  
me have unclean thoughts about you. It made me think that maybe you  
have a size problem and you're compensating. Can you imagine that? So,  
good sir, maybe you should fire more of your aggressive indignation  
towards me to break this unclean thinking in my mind and finally make  
me see the light. Forget about asking nicely or, God forbid,  
contributing back. That's for pussies and it only weakens one's  
character.

> I still think that a simple param like -c configfile is better.

That may be, but I made a principle of not helping people that hate me  
or abuse me verbally. Besides, free in "free software" doesn't stand  
for let's use that software that is free of charge and then feel free  
to abuse the developer. It stands for fell free to improve it and  
contribute back. Wait, scratch that. From you I wouldn't even want  
patches. The contribution you made is already more than enough...

--
Dan




_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mediaproxy relay on none default route interface failed

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
On Thursday 10 September 2009 22:25:39 Dan Pascu wrote:

> On 10 Sep 2009, at 18:00, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:
> > So ... "killing flies with bazookas" ...
> > So ... when having to update, need to update n instances, instead of
> > only
> > one ..
> > So ... wasting hard disk (I know it's cheap ... but wasting
> > anyway) ...
>
> I'm pretty sure you felt smart and clever while wording your indignant
> reply. Indeed, you absolutely had to put me into my rightful place and
> I deserved every dot and comma in it. What was in my mind trying to
> suggest some alternatives that work with the software as it is and do
> not require patching or a new version? But for a strange reason I
> cannot pinpoint, I do not feel motivated by your rhetoric. No sir.
> Shamefully I must admit that it made me think that I can spend my time
> better elsewhere. Imagine that good sir. I'm so ashamed. It also made
> me have unclean thoughts about you. It made me think that maybe you
> have a size problem and you're compensating. Can you imagine that? So,
> good sir, maybe you should fire more of your aggressive indignation
> towards me to break this unclean thinking in my mind and finally make
> me see the light. Forget about asking nicely or, God forbid,
> contributing back. That's for pussies and it only weakens one's
> character.

Every time we have "talked" about this ... you always react the same ... as If
I was fighting against you ... I don't know from where you get that feeling
from my words.

I'm only expressing my opinion, your are free to ignore it if you don't like
it.

Yes you gave a solucion and I arge that a better solucion (and from a desing
point of view and from the KISS principles, easier) it's so simple add a -c
config param.
Do you want the patch? ... they are just 4 lines, I did it for 2.3.4 version
of mediaproxy, also for callcontrol and other very good software you have
developed but that lacks THAT SIMPLE option, to be able to set the config
file to use from the command line ... as 99% of other software allow you.

> > I still think that a simple param like -c configfile is better.
>
> That may be, but I made a principle of not helping people that hate me
> or abuse me verbally.

I don't think I have abused you ... if you think soo it's your problem. I only
express my opinion and comment other possible solutions.

> Besides, free in "free software" doesn't stand
> for let's use that software that is free of charge and then feel free
> to abuse the developer. It stands for fell free to improve it and
> contribute back. Wait, scratch that. From you I wouldn't even want
> patches. The contribution you made is already more than enough...

Dan, sincerily .. you don't like to hear opinions that are agains yours ...
and that's not good.
If you don't want my patches, you are free to ignore them. Not always a patch
is needed to improve a software or to contribute to it, most of time another
point of view about a problem it's enought.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mediaproxy relay on none default route interface failed

Iñaki Baz Castillo
In reply to this post by Dan Pascu
El Jueves, 10 de Septiembre de 2009, Dan Pascu escribió:

> > That's not true, you could run as many Realys as you want on the  
> > same server,
> > only have to patch mediaproxy-relay to be able to call it with a
> > diferent .cfg as the default one, have diferent listen ports and no  
> > more.
>
> You don't need to patch anything. Just unpack mediaproxy in as many  
> different directories as you need, run ./build_inplace and modify each  
> config.ini in those directories as needed. Then run mediaproxy from  
> those directories and each of them will use the local config.ini from  
> its own directory.

Is this really preferable to a single and so common "-c CONFIG_FILE"
commandline option?

A "-c" option would break nothing since the absence of it means "default
config file". Also a "-c" option allows deb usual installation and upgrade
(the only requeriment would be create N init scripts having each one a
different "-c" config file and PID file).

Perhaps you suggest the above solution as a feasible workaround without
patching the code. I expect it because I cannot imagine how managing N full
installations of N mediaproxies can be better than a simple "-c" option
involving a single installation of the software.

Of course this is just my opinion. Take is as a suggestion and not as a
demand.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users