mi_xmlrpc frozen

Alex Massover

Hi!

After some time of running fine, mi_xmlrpc suddenly become frozen on multiple servers, while all other functionality is OK, and mi_fifo is also OK. I wanted to see a default log:

modparam("mi_xmlrpc", "log_file", "/var/log/abyss.log")

And found that it's not there. After some research I found that on default clean installation on Debian, opensips user can't write to /var/log/.

Can mi_xmlrpc become frozen because of permissions of log file?

--

Best Regards,

Alex Massover

Re: mi_xmlrpc frozen

Alex Massover

Hi!

I can't prove logfile permissions theory, it still works after 40K requests. Does anybody has another idea?

--

Best Regards,

Alex Massover

After some time of running fine, mi_xmlrpc suddenly become frozen on multiple servers, while all other functionality is OK, and mi_fifo is also OK. I wanted to see a default log:

modparam("mi_xmlrpc", "log_file", "/var/log/abyss.log")

And found that it's not there. After some research I found that on default clean installation on Debian, opensips user can't write to /var/log/.

Can mi_xmlrpc become frozen because of permissions of log file?

--

Best Regards,

Alex Massover

This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by Jajah Inc. Mail system for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses.