modify SDP

Alex R.S.M
Hi,

I need to modify the SDP message. what's a good function  to do that?
Is there any variable that contains the whole SDP message?

Regards,
Alex

Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live Click here

Re: modify SDP

Brett Nemeroff
For what purpose? The nathelper module has a lot of common use functions for SDP mangling..

Alternatively the mangeler module can also be used..
-Brett

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Alex R. S. M <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I need to modify the SDP message. what's a good function  to do that?
Is there any variable that contains the whole SDP message?

Regards,
Alex

Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live Click here

Re: modify SDP

Alex Balashov
textops functions.

Alex R.S.M wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to modify the SDP message. what's a good function  to do that?
> Is there any variable that contains the whole SDP message?
>
> Regards,
> Alex

Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems
Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
Mobile : (+1) (706) 338-8599

Re: modify SDP

Jeff Pyle
I've also wondered about this.  My application is to detect and remove certain codecs to force a compressed (G729) or uncompressed (G711) call.

- Jeff

Re: modify SDP

Alex Balashov
The best way to do that is to restrict the acceptable codecs in the SDP
offer on your endpoint.

Jeff Pyle wrote:

> I've also wondered about this.  My application is to detect and remove
> certain codecs to force a compressed (G729) or uncompressed (G711) call.
>

> - Jeff

Alex,

Agreed.  But that's not always an option, particularly if I don't
control the endpoint.  And I'd like to be able to force a compressed
codec once a certain number of concurrent calls is reached.  That's not
a feature my endpoints have.  The newer features of the dialog module
make that quite easy, if I can manipulate the SDP.

- Jeff

Jeff Pyle wrote:
> Alex,
>
> Agreed.  But that's not always an option, particularly if I don't
> control the endpoint.  And I'd like to be able to force a compressed
> codec once a certain number of concurrent calls is reached.  That's not
> a feature my endpoints have.

Good point.  I withdraw my comment.

> The newer features of the dialog module make that quite easy, if I can manipulate the SDP.

Curious -- what new features of the dialog module would you employ to
accomplish this?  Hash some string of joined pseudovariables for the
profile name?

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems
Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
Mobile : (+1) (706) 338-8599

Re: modify SDP

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi guys,

We have some work on progress about this - some new functions that will
allow you to handle codecs in the SDP - like inspection, adding,
removing codecs, changing prioritises, etc.

This will be useful to control the bandwidth and QoS on your service.