multiple socket_name on mi_datagram?

Jeff Pyle
Hello,

Is it possible to have mi_datagram listen on more than one socket?  For
example, I need it to listen to a local socket for communication with
Mediaproxy¹s dispatcher, but I¹d like to open it on a udp socket for an
external management application.

If I configure it like this:

loadmodule "mi_datagram.so"
modparam("mi_datagram", "socket_name", "udp:ww.xx.yy.zz:2866")
modparam("mi_datagram", "socket_name", "/tmp/opensips.sock")

The local file works but the udp socket does not.

- Jeff

Re: multiple socket_name on mi_datagram?

Ovidiu Sas
It's all in the documentation:
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/mi_datagram.html#id228592

For an external management application, you can use one of the other
two modules:
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/mi_fifo.html
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/mi_xmlrpc.html

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Jeff Pyle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to have mi_datagram listen on more than one socket?  For
> example, I need it to listen to a local socket for communication with
> Mediaproxy¹s dispatcher, but I¹d like to open it on a udp socket for an
> external management application.
>
> If I configure it like this:
>
> loadmodule "mi_datagram.so"
> modparam("mi_datagram", "socket_name", "udp:ww.xx.yy.zz:2866")
> modparam("mi_datagram", "socket_name", "/tmp/opensips.sock")
>
> The local file works but the udp socket does not.
>

> - Jeff

Re: multiple socket_name on mi_datagram?

Jeff Pyle
Indeed it is.  I missed the FAQ section.  Thanks.

On 3/20/09 2:04 PM, "Ovidiu Sas" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's all in the documentation:
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/mi_datagram.html#id228592
>
> For an external management application, you can use one of the other
> two modules:
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/mi_fifo.html
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/mi_xmlrpc.html
>

> Regards,
> Ovidiu Sas
>
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Jeff Pyle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is it possible to have mi_datagram listen on more than one socket?  For
>> example, I need it to listen to a local socket for communication with
>> Mediaproxy¹s dispatcher, but I¹d like to open it on a udp socket for an
>> external management application.
>>
>> If I configure it like this:
>>
>> loadmodule "mi_datagram.so"
>> modparam("mi_datagram", "socket_name", "udp:ww.xx.yy.zz:2866")
>> modparam("mi_datagram", "socket_name", "/tmp/opensips.sock")
>>
>> The local file works but the udp socket does not.
>>

>> - Jeff

Re: multiple socket_name on mi_datagram?

Adrian Georgescu
If you need access over the network with an access list you can use
also:

http://download.ag-projects.com/OpenXCAP/opensips-mi-proxy-1.0.2.tar.gz

Adrian