need help -- opensips cp --> sip trace setup giving errors

need help -- opensips cp --> sip trace setup giving errors

Christian Vo
Hello,
Just installed opensips control panel and some things are not working:

I noticed that selecting the SIP Trace feature was initially giving me on-screen error:

“Array ( [0] => sorry -- cannot open write fifo )”

So I then uncommented the sections in opensips-cp/config/tools/system/siptrace/db.inc.php , providing proper db login credentials…

Trying to access the SIP Trace feature then gave me blank main screen,
Apache error log message:

[Wed Mar 17 14:06:30 2010] [error] [client 10.31.53.162] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method MDB2_Error::setFetchMode() in /srv/www/htdocs/opensips-cp/web/tools/system/siptrace/lib/db_connect.php on line 39, referer: http://10.32.0.97/cp/menu.php

Running on OpenSuSE11.2…

Does anyone know what needs to be fixed?
Thx

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: need help -- opensips cp --> sip trace setup giving errors

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Christian,

does your opensips load the mi_fifo module and create a fifo file with
the same name as the fifo you configured in the opensips-cp boxes? (note
that the fifo is created automatically by opensips at startup).

also take care and check the permissions of the fifo file - if you run
opensips as root, the fifo file will have the root owner and opensips-cp
(running as apache/www-data) will not be allowed to write into it. So,
you should configure opensips to create the fifo with more loose
permissions; see
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.6.x/mi_fifo.html#id227261

www.voice-system.ro

Re: need help -- opensips cp --> sip trace setup giving errors

Christian Vo
Thanks Bogdan,
I've checked that mi_fifo is loaded, and that /tmp/opensips.fifo is created by user/group opensips:opensips
Based on what I could find via google, I made the apache user part of opensips group.. Buy now I  get a new error on the SIP Trace main screen:

"sorry -- reply fifo opening error"

I also noticed that my local.inc.php file for opensips-cp/config/tools/system/mi doesn't contain any code...?
(I installed using the latest opensips cp v4.0 tarball)

There was some email thread about
Adding some lines to opensips-cp/config/tools/system/domains/local.inc.php  (http://www.openser.org/pipermail/users/2008-December/001804.html)
Which said same problem like MI tool:

" add these lines into opensips-cp/config/tools/domains/local.inc.php :

$config->reply_fifo_filename="webfifo_".rand();
$config->reply_fifo_path="/tmp/".$config->reply_fifo_filename;"

But no idea what MI's local.inc.php file is supposed to contain .. all I see are the comments and nothing more...

Appreciate the help!

Christian Vo wrote:

> Hello,
> Just installed opensips control panel and some things are not working:
> I noticed that selecting the SIP Trace feature was initially giving me
> on-screen error:
> "Array ( [0] => sorry -- cannot open write fifo )"
> So I then uncommented the sections in
> opensips-cp/config/tools/system/siptrace/db.inc.php , providing proper
> db login credentials...
> Trying to access the SIP Trace feature then gave me blank main screen,
> Apache error log message:
> [Wed Mar 17 14:06:30 2010] [error] [client 10.31.53.162] PHP Fatal
> error: Call to undefined method MDB2_Error::setFetchMode() in
> /srv/www/htdocs/opensips-cp/web/tools/system/siptrace/lib/db_connect.php
> on line 39, referer: _http://10.32.0.97/cp/menu.php_
> Running on OpenSuSE11.2...
> Does anyone know what needs to be fixed?
> Thx
> This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
> and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review,
> use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and

www.voice-system.ro

Re: need help -- opensips cp --> sip trace setup giving errors

Alex Ionescu-2
Hi Christian,

The OpenSIPS CP 4.0 tar ball had a bug that was causing the error that
you are encountering. This bug was fixed two days ago. Please download
the latest tar ball and give it a try - it should work fine now.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alex Ionescu