newbie: question on call control

Nhadie
Hi All,

Just installed opensips yesterday, using the default config file i was
able to do some user to user calling, and then adding some URI  checking
and rewritehost i was able to send calls to my gateway. now i would like
to test the call control for prepaid, my question is simply do i need
radius to be able to use the call control? thanks

regards,
nhadie

Re: newbie: question on call control

Dan Pascu
On Tuesday 07 April 2009, Nhadie wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just installed opensips yesterday, using the default config file i was
> able to do some user to user calling, and then adding some URI
> checking and rewritehost i was able to send calls to my gateway. now i
> would like to test the call control for prepaid, my question is simply
> do i need radius to be able to use the call control? thanks

Theoretically it should be possible not to use radius, if you are able to
push information in a database by other means, but having the same format
the radius database uses. In the end, call control, the rating engine and
cdrtool all access a database with a certain format. radius is just a
means to put the information in that database. This was not attempted
though.

--
Dan