(no subject)

Faisal Rehman
Hi Everyone,

I am just testing calls from OpenSIPS to Free-Switch but I am facing a problem that too many ACK & 200OK packets are being generated by OpenSIPS, so how can I remove this problem.

With Best Regards,

Faisal Rehman

Re: (no subject)

nguyen khue
Hi Faisal,

Please post your config file.

Best regards,
Khue Nguyen.

I am just testing calls from OpenSIPS to Free-Switch but I am facing a problem that too many ACK & 200OK packets are being generated by OpenSIPS, so how can I remove this problem.

With Best Regards,

Faisal Rehman

Re: (no subject)

Max Mühlbronner
Hi,

what does too many mean?  :)

Please explain a bit more, the e-mail before said removing un-wanted Options packets which can be easily done, just check for options --> drop it. But why would you want to do this?

BR

Max M.

Am 29.09.2011 16:56, schrieb nguyen khue:
Hi Faisal,

Please post your config file.

Best regards,
Khue Nguyen.

I am just testing calls from OpenSIPS to Free-Switch but I am facing a problem that too many ACK & 200OK packets are being generated by OpenSIPS, so how can I remove this problem.

With Best Regards,

Faisal Rehman

42com Telecommunication GmbH
Straße der Pariser Kommune 12-16 / D-10243 Berlin

E-mail: [hidden email]
Homepage: www.42com.com

Firmenangaben/Company information:

Handelsregister/Commercial register: Amtsgericht Berlin HRB 99071 B
Umsatzsteuer-ID/VAT-ID: DE223812306, Geschäftsführer/CEO: Thomas Reinig, Alexander Reinig

Diese E-Mail enthält Informationen von 42com Telecommunication GmbH. Diese sind möglicherweise vertraulich und ausschließlich für den Adressaten bestimmt. Sollten Sie diese elektronische Nachricht irrtümlicherweise erhalten haben, so informieren Sie uns bitte unverzüglich telefonisch oder per E-Mail.

which it is addressed. If you have received this message in error, please delete the message and notify us immediately.

Re: (no subject)

Muhammad Danish Moosa
Hi

Faisal , please send traces on both origination and termination ends also. And configuration of course so that people can help here. Asking too general question does not help.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 8:58 PM, Max Mühlbronner <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

" The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences. "___ Christopher McCandless

Re: (no subject)

SamyGo

Hi Faisal,

I assume from your last posts that you are using load_balancer module reduce the probe interval. Also I'm sure I saw a param in FS that controls the gateway status checks frequency.

Also Like Danish said, post some SIP traces and relevant configurations.

Regards.

-Sammy

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Muhammad Danish Moosa <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Khue,

Please find the necessary configuration that I have done for Load Balancing work, the calls are going and Load balance is also working but the problem is that I am getting much packets of ACK & 200OK, please see the configuration as:

 # the method used is different for invite/register requests
        # unknown methods are rejected here
        if (is_method("INVITE")) {
                if (!load_balance("1","pstn","1")) {
                        send_reply("503","Service Unavailable");
                        exit;
        else if (is_method("REGISTER")) {
                if (!ds_select_dst("1", "0")) {
                        send_reply("503","Service Unavailable");
                        exit;
        else {
                send_reply("405","Method Not Allowed");
                exit;
        }

        # route the request
        if (!t_relay()) {
                sl_reply_error();

Warmest Regards,

Faisal Rehman

I am just testing calls from OpenSIPS to Free-Switch but I am facing a problem that too many ACK & 200OK packets are being generated by OpenSIPS, so how can I remove this problem.

With Best Regards,

Faisal Rehman

Re: Removing ACK & 200 OK packets

Faisal Rehman
Hi Max,

Actually I wrote the email in a little hurry, so couldn't explain fully :) As I am testing OpenSIPS as load balancer for several Free-Switches & OpenSIPS is balancing the traffic fine for these FS Boxes but apart from it I get packets for ACK & 200OK. Let's say if I generated 10 calls only but then while capturing the ngrep logs I see bundle of these packets & apart from it 10 calls is not too much traffic comparing to those packets.

You told the dropping of Options packets where can I do that & also any possible good solution for the above problem?

Warmest Regards,

Faisal Rehman

Re: (no subject)

Faisal Rehman

Hi

Okay Sir I will send the complete information in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Faisal Rehman

Re: (no subject)

Faisal Rehman
Hi Sammy,

Yeah you are right that I am working on OpenSIPS load balancing, what is that parameter in FS that controls such status?

With Best Regards,

Faisal Rehman

Re: (no subject)

nguyen khue
Hi Faisal,

I don't sure about your error. But, you can try add some lines into block

if (has_totag()){
if (loose_route()){
//add this lines
if (is_method("ACK")){
if (t_check_trans()){
t_relay();

Best regards
Khue Nguyen.

I am just testing calls from OpenSIPS to Free-Switch but I am facing a problem that too many ACK & 200OK packets are being generated by OpenSIPS, so how can I remove this problem.

With Best Regards,

Faisal Rehman

Re: (no subject)

SamyGo
  <!--send an options ping every x seconds, failure will unregister and/or mark it down-->
  <param name="ping" value="25"/>

I defined my opensips as a gateway w/o any auth in sip external profiles and there was this ping param.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Faisal Rehman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sammy,

Yeah you are right that I am working on OpenSIPS load balancing, what is that parameter in FS that controls such status?

With Best Regards,

Faisal Rehman

Re: Removing ACK & 200 OK packets

Gohar Ahmed

Hey Faisal,

Dropping out Options or ACK will either make openSIPs or freeSwitch think that their interconnection is lost. So either let them flow or find some params as Sam suggested.

Regards,

Gohar A.

Re: (no subject)

Faisal Rehman
Hi Khue,

What will that script do in my scenario, will you please a little explain to me.

Warmest Regards,

Faisal Rehman

I am just testing calls from OpenSIPS to Free-Switch but I am facing a problem that too many ACK & 200OK packets are being generated by OpenSIPS, so how can I remove this problem.

With Best Regards,

Faisal Rehman

Re: (no subject)

nguyen khue
Hi Faisal,

This block is in main route block. If in your configuration file haven't it, you can add manual. I think that, when your softphone send ACK to opensips, opensips cannot route it to Free-Switch or Asterisk.
Before, I had same error, I don't known why it occur but when I insert command t_relay(), opensips work normal.

Best regards
Khue Nguyen.

What will that script do in my scenario, will you please a little explain to me.

Warmest Regards,

Faisal Rehman

I am just testing calls from OpenSIPS to Free-Switch but I am facing a problem that too many ACK & 200OK packets are being generated by OpenSIPS, so how can I remove this problem.

With Best Regards,

Faisal Rehman

Re: Removing ACK & 200 OK packets

Faisal Rehman
Hi Gohar,

Yeah you are absolutely right and for now I am testing locally on my server but I am worried it may not create any problem when the traffic will be live but I am working on Sam's suggestions and will let all know in case of any further query.

Many Thanks & Warmest Regards,

Faisal Rehman

Dropping out Options or ACK will either make openSIPs or freeSwitch think that their interconnection is lost. So either let them flow or find some params as Sam suggested.
Regards,
Gohar A.

Re: (no subject)

Faisal Rehman
Hi Khue,

Okay I will do the configurations now and test it, I hope so the problem will be resolved & you are always helpful :)