(no subject)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

(no subject)

Alectronic
Hi All, 
I'm trying to get Opensips to act as a client to register and authenticate to other device. 
I found the uac_registrant & uac_auth and have added them into openips.cfg. 
I have also done a "opensipsctl registrant add " filling the parameters into connect to the registrar server. 

I have been checking wireshark and cannot see it trying to register to the server am I missing something? 

Thanks 

Alec Doran-Twyford

| Junior Support Enginner for IVSTel
| E-mail: [hidden email] | Phone: +61 2 9288 8890 |


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: (no subject)

jrzondagh
I had a similar issue.

When INSERTing a record to the registrant table don't leave any of your DB fields NULL, rather use an empty string, i.e. ''

E.g.

INSERT INTO registrant (registrar, proxy, aor, third_party_registrant, username, password, binding_URI, binding_params, expiry, forced_socket) VALUES('sip:10.10.10.10', '', '[hidden email]', '', 'my_username', 'my_password', '[hidden email]', 'transport=UDP', 300, '');



Justin Zondagh
[hidden email]

Cape Town | South Africa
skype: jrzondagh
m: +27 72 598 4887 | f: +27 86 546 1405
uk: +44 20 328 99610


On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 8:00 AM, Alec Doran-Twyford <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All, 
I'm trying to get Opensips to act as a client to register and authenticate to other device. 
I found the uac_registrant & uac_auth and have added them into openips.cfg. 
I have also done a "opensipsctl registrant add " filling the parameters into connect to the registrar server. 

I have been checking wireshark and cannot see it trying to register to the server am I missing something? 

Thanks 

Alec Doran-Twyford

| Junior Support Enginner for IVSTel
| E-mail: [hidden email] | Phone: <a href="tel:%2B61%202%209288%208890" value="+61292888890" target="_blank">+61 2 9288 8890 |


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users



_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: (no subject)

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
In reply to this post by Alectronic
Hello,

Simply adding the info into database (via opensipsctl) does not make OpenSIPS aware of the info. If using a version older than 1.10, you need to restart (so OpenSIPS will reload). Starting with 1.10 you have the reg_reload MI command:
    http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.10.x/uac_registrant.html#id250386

Regards,
Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com
On 05.02.2014 08:00, Alec Doran-Twyford wrote:
Hi All, 
I'm trying to get Opensips to act as a client to register and authenticate to other device. 
I found the uac_registrant & uac_auth and have added them into openips.cfg. 
I have also done a "opensipsctl registrant add " filling the parameters into connect to the registrar server. 

I have been checking wireshark and cannot see it trying to register to the server am I missing something? 

Thanks 

Alec Doran-Twyford

| Junior Support Enginner for IVSTel
| E-mail: [hidden email] | Phone: +61 2 9288 8890 |



_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: (no subject)

Ovidiu Sas
In reply to this post by jrzondagh

Please provide an example with a NULL field that doesn't work and I will take a look.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

On Feb 5, 2014 1:52 AM, "Justin Zondagh" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I had a similar issue.

When INSERTing a record to the registrant table don't leave any of your DB fields NULL, rather use an empty string, i.e. ''

E.g.

INSERT INTO registrant (registrar, proxy, aor, third_party_registrant, username, password, binding_URI, binding_params, expiry, forced_socket) VALUES('sip:10.10.10.10', '', '[hidden email]', '', 'my_username', 'my_password', '[hidden email]', 'transport=UDP', 300, '');



Justin Zondagh
[hidden email]

Cape Town | South Africa
skype: jrzondagh
m: <a href="tel:%2B27%2072%20598%204887" value="+27725984887" target="_blank">+27 72 598 4887 | f: <a href="tel:%2B27%2086%20546%201405" value="+27865461405" target="_blank">+27 86 546 1405
uk: <a href="tel:%2B44%2020%20328%2099610" value="+442032899610" target="_blank">+44 20 328 99610


On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 8:00 AM, Alec Doran-Twyford <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All, 
I'm trying to get Opensips to act as a client to register and authenticate to other device. 
I found the uac_registrant & uac_auth and have added them into openips.cfg. 
I have also done a "opensipsctl registrant add " filling the parameters into connect to the registrar server. 

I have been checking wireshark and cannot see it trying to register to the server am I missing something? 

Thanks 

Alec Doran-Twyford

| Junior Support Enginner for IVSTel
| E-mail: [hidden email] | Phone: <a href="tel:%2B61%202%209288%208890" value="+61292888890" target="_blank">+61 2 9288 8890 |


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users



_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Adjusting Headers

Alectronic
In reply to this post by Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi All,
Thanks my device is now able to register with other device.

However I now have another problem which is the other end does not trying to authenticate when I send an Invite (It just hang there) I have compared a trace call of a freepbx and a SIP phone over wireshark connecting to the other endpoint and it would seem I need to manipulate the header so that
the To header is that of the register IP/domain.

What would it take to be able to do this manipulation?

Thanks

Alec
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Adjusting Headers

shaheryarkh
TO header contains DNIS, so be careful when editing it. Anyways, the easiest way is to use textops module,

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.10.x/textops.html#id249986

You can also use uac module, (recommended)

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.10.x/uac.html#id250102

Thank you.




On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 1:38 AM, Alectronic <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,
Thanks my device is now able to register with other device.

However I now have another problem which is the other end does not trying to
authenticate when I send an Invite (It just hang there) I have compared a
trace call of a freepbx and a SIP phone over wireshark connecting to the
other endpoint and it would seem I need to manipulate the header so that
the To header is that of the register IP/domain.

What would it take to be able to do this manipulation?

Thanks

Alec



--
View this message in context: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/no-subject-tp7589434p7589472.html
Sent from the OpenSIPS - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Adjusting Headers

Alectronic
In reply to this post by Alectronic
Hi All,

Solved the problem with manipulating the Headers but this has not fixed the problem of getting a 401 or 407 authentication request from the other device when i send them an invite.
It just hangs, by sending me back a trying response. I have compared the Wireshark to the other device I have been testing and nothing seem to be different now other than thing which are different throughout all the device.

anyone got some helpful hint which could cause this problem? my thoughts are that it doesn't like some one the following head which had been put into the SIP INIVITE
RecordRoute or the Via's

as I couldn't see them in any of my other test on diffrent device.

Thanks

Alec



Alec Doran-Twyford

| Junior Support Enginner for IVSTel
| E-mail: [hidden email] | Phone: +61 2 9288 8890 |



On 6 February 2014 11:38, Alectronic <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,
Thanks my device is now able to register with other device.

However I now have another problem which is the other end does not trying to
authenticate when I send an Invite (It just hang there) I have compared a
trace call of a freepbx and a SIP phone over wireshark connecting to the
other endpoint and it would seem I need to manipulate the header so that
the To header is that of the register IP/domain.

What would it take to be able to do this manipulation?

Thanks

Alec



--
View this message in context: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/no-subject-tp7589434p7589472.html
Sent from the OpenSIPS - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Adjusting Headers

Vlad Paiu
Hello,

Can you please send us a SIP trace for this, maybe we can figure out what the device doesn't like ?

Best Regards,
Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com 
On 06.02.2014 08:46, Alec Doran-Twyford wrote:
Hi All,

Solved the problem with manipulating the Headers but this has not fixed the problem of getting a 401 or 407 authentication request from the other device when i send them an invite.
It just hangs, by sending me back a trying response. I have compared the Wireshark to the other device I have been testing and nothing seem to be different now other than thing which are different throughout all the device.

anyone got some helpful hint which could cause this problem? my thoughts are that it doesn't like some one the following head which had been put into the SIP INIVITE
RecordRoute or the Via's

as I couldn't see them in any of my other test on diffrent device.

Thanks

Alec



Alec Doran-Twyford

| Junior Support Enginner for IVSTel
| E-mail: [hidden email] | Phone: +61 2 9288 8890 |



On 6 February 2014 11:38, Alectronic <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,
Thanks my device is now able to register with other device.

However I now have another problem which is the other end does not trying to
authenticate when I send an Invite (It just hang there) I have compared a
trace call of a freepbx and a SIP phone over wireshark connecting to the
other endpoint and it would seem I need to manipulate the header so that
the To header is that of the register IP/domain.

What would it take to be able to do this manipulation?

Thanks

Alec



--
View this message in context: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/no-subject-tp7589434p7589472.html
Sent from the OpenSIPS - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users



_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Adjusting Headers

Alectronic
In reply to this post by Alectronic
Hi,
I have attached a copy from the pbx and the opensips/ I been told by one of my colleagues that the contact header maybe the one which is effecting the call working. I can't seem to find away to modify the contact header.
However I found this am I on the right track if I need to modify the contact header?


Alec Doran-Twyford

| Junior Support Enginner for IVSTel
| E-mail: [hidden email] | Phone: +61 2 9288 8890 |


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users

OPENSIPS.pcap (4K) Download Attachment
FREEPBXa.pcap (22K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Adjusting Headers

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hello,

FreePBX acts as a B2BUA, so instead of proxying the incoming calls (as opensips does), it will create a new call (different callid, contact, etc).

In OpenSIPS you can modify the Contact header, but you really have to understand what you are doing otherwise you will break the routing of the sequential requests (ACK, re-INVITE, BYEs, etc).

Regards,
Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com
On 12.02.2014 00:37, Alec Doran-Twyford wrote:
Hi,
I have attached a copy from the pbx and the opensips/ I been told by one of my colleagues that the contact header maybe the one which is effecting the call working. I can't seem to find away to modify the contact header.
However I found this am I on the right track if I need to modify the contact header?


Alec Doran-Twyford

| Junior Support Enginner for IVSTel
| E-mail: [hidden email] | Phone: +61 2 9288 8890 |



_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users