only 4x ring try.

Peter den Hartog
Hello,

A quik question, but i can't find it myself, my phone's are only rinning 4 times.. i would like it to keep rinning or as long as possible.

Is this an opensips setting?

We have a lot of diffrent sip phones and they all do the same.

Best Regards!

Re: only 4x ring try.

Hasitha Lalinda
Hi Peter,

Can you get a trace (using ngrep or wireshark) and see who send the CANCEL message?

Regards,

El Martes, 13 de Octubre de 2009, Peter den Hartog escribió:
> Hello,
>
> A quik question, but i can't find it myself, my phone's are only rinning 4
> times.. i would like it to keep rinning or as long as possible.
>
> Is this an opensips setting?

Not at all. OpenSIPS is not a PBX.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>

Re: only 4x ring try.

Jeff Pyle
It could be the TM module modparam "fr_inv_timer", or perhaps the
"fr_inv_timer_avp" doing the same thing dynamcally.  If you're seeing
Opensips send a CANCEL towards the UAS and a 408 towards the UAC this seems
the logical cause.  A trace would be useful here.

Links:
  http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/tm.html#id228480
  http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/tm.html#id271154

- Jeff

On 10/13/09 6:54 AM, "Iñaki Baz Castillo" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El Martes, 13 de Octubre de 2009, Peter den Hartog escribió:
>> Hello,
>>
>> A quik question, but i can't find it myself, my phone's are only rinning 4
>> times.. i would like it to keep rinning or as long as possible.
>>
>> Is this an opensips setting?
>
> Not at all. OpenSIPS is not a PBX.

Re: only 4x ring try.

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Martes, 13 de Octubre de 2009, Jeff Pyle escribió:
> It could be the TM module modparam "fr_inv_timer", or perhaps the
> "fr_inv_timer_avp" doing the same thing dynamcally.  If you're seeing
> Opensips send a CANCEL towards the UAS and a 408 towards the UAC this seems
> the logical cause.

Yes, however those parameters require custom configuration as with the default
values they allow more than "4 rings" on a phone :)

So IMHO what's happening is that the caller is cancelling the call after those
"4 rings". For that, the mail sender could inspect the SIP flow (with ngrep or
ethereal) in order to know if OpenSIPS is receiving a CANCEL from the caller.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>

Re: only 4x ring try.

Peter den Hartog
Thank you! that was it :-)! it was on 20, it's off now, and it keeps rining.

Thank you

Jeff Pyle wrote