openSIPS - Dialog Replication Error

OpenSIPS - Users mailing list
Hi guys,

We are trying to do dialog replication in openSIPS2.4 cluster and getting this error -
ERROR:dialog:dlg_replicated_create: Replicated dialog doesn't match caller's listening socket udp:10.0.0.21:5060

Both openSIPS are listening on different IP Addresses subnet and I am well aware of this thing that openSIPS will only do dialog replication if we have common listening interface between 2 instances. Is there any work around to achieve it ? Because we have both instances on AWS.
OpenSIPS 1 - 10.0.0.21:5060
openSIPS 2 - 10.0.1.21:5060
Any help or ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: openSIPS - Dialog Replication Error

Diptesh Patel
Hello Sharad,

Whenever OpenSIPS replicate the dialogs among all the nodes then it contains socket parameters for caller and callee. Using these sockets the packets will be sent in both directions. so your all the OpenSIPS node should listen on same ip(Mostly it is Virtual IPs or Elastic IPs). If your OpenSIPS servers listen IPs does not match then OpenSIPS discards the replication due to non listening socket.

You can follow below steps to configure your system to listen on non-local ip address.

Edit the line in /etc/sysctl.conf that reads net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind to the following:

net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind = 1

and Add listen parameter in opensips.cfg so all the nodes are listening on same IPs.

Thanks & Regards
Diptesh Patel
Software Developer
Ecosmob Technologies Ltd,
Ahmedabad
Mo:+919898962659

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 6:31 AM Sharad Kumar via Users <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

We are trying to do dialog replication in openSIPS2.4 cluster and getting this error -
ERROR:dialog:dlg_replicated_create: Replicated dialog doesn't match caller's listening socket udp:10.0.0.21:5060

Both openSIPS are listening on different IP Addresses subnet and I am well aware of this thing that openSIPS will only do dialog replication if we have common listening interface between 2 instances. Is there any work around to achieve it ? Because we have both instances on AWS.
OpenSIPS 1 - 10.0.0.21:5060
openSIPS 2 - 10.0.1.21:5060
Any help or ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

Disclaimer
In addition to generic Disclaimer which you have agreed on our website, any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the originator and do not necessarily represent those of the Company or its sister concerns. Any liability (in negligence, contract or otherwise) arising from any third party taking any action, or refraining from taking any action on the basis of any of the information contained in this email is hereby excluded.

Confidentiality
This communication (including any attachment/s) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) and contains information that is PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL. Unauthorized reading, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. Please inform originator if you have received it in error.

Caution for viruses, malware etc.
This communication, including any attachments, may not be free of viruses, trojans, similar or new contaminants/malware, interceptions or interference, and may not be compatible with your systems. You shall carry out virus/malware scanning on your own before opening any attachment to this e-mail. The sender of this e-mail and Company including its sister concerns shall not be liable for any damage that may incur to you as a result of viruses, incompleteness of this message, a delay in receipt of this message or any other computer problems.

Re: openSIPS - Dialog Replication Error

OpenSIPS - Users mailing list
Hi Diptesh,

Thank you for the valuable information. I have already set
net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind =1 but still it's not working. So what I did,
I set that value and then I added one IP to listen on both openSIPS
instances.

listen:udp:10.10.10.111:5060

listen:tcp:10.10.10.111:5060

But what's going on is, after this openSIPS is giving me weird error
messages. Because both servers are on AWS and are on different regions.
So they can't be on same subnet. First server is on 10.0.0.0/24 subnet.
And other one is on 10.0.1.0/24. Both subnets can ping each other tho.
So what I am thinking is that instead of replicating dialogs and
profiles, I will just store those in the database so that when first
node fails, other one can get those from the database. I know this
process will add some I/O on the database. But there is no work around I
guess.

Thanks  and regards

Sharad Kumar