Please note that this message will contain a full copy of the comment thread,
including the initial issue submission, for this request,
not just the latest update.
Submitted By: Stanislaw Pitucha (viraptor)
>Assigned to: Bogdan-Andrei Iancu (bogdan_iancu)
Summary: enable manual result polling of benchmarks and more...
Changes to the benchmark module:
- allow granularity == 0 (disables automatic logging)
- add bm_poll_results MI command (poll current results and restart local counters)
- reject granularity < 0
- add per-timer locking where needed (only reset, bm_log_timer and MI really)
- cleanup (save the 'timer' value, instead of repeating 'bm_mycfg->tindex[i]')
- code nazi (add 'static' to all not exported functions)
- remove reset_timers, because it was neither exported in .h, not used internally
- updated documentation with new entries
Forgot to add the reason for manual polling (it's included in the docs
though): that way you can use munin / cacti / some other tool to make a
continuous graph from the benchmarks, instead of tail'ing logs, or using
some other methods.