opensips cp drouting proxy/gateway

noepeli

Hello,

I am working with Drouting and Control Panel.

I have seen that the different rules in drouting module let choose between one gateway or another…

Do you know if it is possible to choose between proxies instead of gateways?

Re: opensips cp drouting proxy/gateway

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2009/6/15 nOeLiA <[hidden email]>:

> I have seen that the different rules in drouting module let choose between
> one gateway or another…
>
> Do you know if it is possible to choose between proxies instead of gateways?

From the point of view of Drouting module, there is no difference if
the destination is a gateway, a proxy, a UAS...

<[hidden email]>

Re: opensips cp drouting proxy/gateway

noepeli
Thanks Iñaki,

Do you know which configuration file gets the data from Drouting tables?

Thx
Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote
2009/6/15 nOeLiA <noepeli@gmail.com>:

> I have seen that the different rules in drouting module let choose between
> one gateway or another…
>
> Do you know if it is possible to choose between proxies instead of gateways?

From the point of view of Drouting module, there is no difference if
the destination is a gateway, a proxy, a UAS...

<ibc@aliax.net>

2009/6/15 noepeli <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks Iñaki,
>
> Do you know which configuration file gets the data from Drouting tables?

I don't understand the question.

<[hidden email]>

Re: opensips cp drouting proxy/gateway

noepeli

Drouting uses tables where rules, users etc are stored. Once this info is in tables, opensips calculates which gateway fits better for example.
I would like to know which code file (from Opensips), reads the information from tables and decides how to act...

I do not know if you understand me now...

noepeli wrote
Hello,

I am working with Drouting and Control Panel.

I have seen that the different rules in drouting module let choose between
one gateway or another…

Do you know if it is possible to choose between proxies instead of gateways?

Re: opensips cp drouting proxy/gateway

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2009/6/15 noepeli <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>

> Drouting uses tables where rules, users etc are stored. Once this info is in
> tables, opensips calculates which gateway fits better for example.
> I would like to know which code file (from Opensips), reads the information
> from tables and decides how to act...

Well, for sure the code is under the drouting module subtree:

  opensips/modules/drouting

:)

<[hidden email]>

Re: opensips cp drouting proxy/gateway

noepeli
Gracias!
Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote
2009/6/15 noepeli <noepeli@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>

> Drouting uses tables where rules, users etc are stored. Once this info is in
> tables, opensips calculates which gateway fits better for example.
> I would like to know which code file (from Opensips), reads the information
> from tables and decides how to act...

Well, for sure the code is under the drouting module subtree:

  opensips/modules/drouting

:)

<ibc@aliax.net>

Re: opensips cp drouting proxy/gateway

Brett Nemeroff
I've seen you ask this question a number of times. The question doesn't make any sense.

Drouting configuration is saved to the database for persistence and is loaded into memory for routing. By default, all opensips configuration is in opensips.cfg, but your actual drouting entries do not end up in there. There is an instruction in opensips.cfg to use the drouting module for a route decision, but that is static, even when your routing is updated.

I suggest that you do some reading.. study the examples.. ask questions.. If opensips is new to you, don't dive into a complicated configuration  without first understanding the basics of the configuration file layout and how modules provide capabilities.

That's my $0.02. :)
-Brett

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> 2009/6/15 nOeLiA <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I have seen that the different rules in drouting module let choose
>> between
>> one gateway or another…
>>
>> Do you know if it is possible to choose between proxies instead of
>> gateways?
>
> From the point of view of Drouting module, there is no difference if
> the destination is a gateway, a proxy, a UAS...
>
> --
> Iñaki Baz Castillo
> <[hidden email]>

Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] opensips cp drouting proxy/gateway

noepeli
Thanks Brett,

i am very new... :(
Just one more question....
I am realising that some parameters (modparams) have to be added to the opensips.cfg file, is it that rigth?

Many many thanks!

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/opensips-cp-drouting-proxy-gateway-tp3079792p3080773.html

Re: opensips cp drouting proxy/gateway

Brett Nemeroff
The short answer: yes

The long answer: OpenSIPs doesn't do anything unless you write a custom opensips.cfg file to process calls.

I'm not aware of any "canned" examples that are really generic enough to use.. However the included examples are pretty good..
-Brett