opensips + openims

bayeyuyu
Hi all
    I am just testing opensips and openims working together, like this

sip phone <----->opensips<----->openims<------>ims client

sip phone register at the opensips and ims client register at openims.
opensips works as sip server and proxy server, when sip phone invite an ims client, opensips add MD5 and transfer the message to openims.
I need some help to deploy the opensips to do this, do anyone know or give me some advice on this.
How to modify the cfg file or the source code to meet the demands, many thanks.

baye

Re: opensips + openims

Franz Edler-3

Hi Baye,

the main issue is to carefully design your DNS environment. You already need a DNS domain for OpenIMS.

So, if you have a DNS domain for OpenIMS in place and a different one for OpenSIPS, all should work automatically. If you send a request from an OpenSIPS user towards OpenIMS it should be forwarded to the I-CSCF of OpenIMS and in the opposite case (OpenIMS user sends a request to an OpenSIPS user) it sould be forwarded to your OpenSIP server advertised in DNS.

I have attached a simple opensips.cfg which should do that forwarding (see: ... handling of messages for foreign domain)

Best regards

Franz

    I am just testing opensips and openims working together, like this

sip phone <----->opensips<----->openims<------>ims client

sip phone register at the opensips and ims client register at openims.

opensips works as sip server and proxy server, when sip phone invite an ims client, opensips add MD5 and transfer the message to openims.

I need some help to deploy the opensips to do this, do anyone know or give me some advice on this.

How to modify the cfg file or the source code to meet the demands, many thanks.

baye

opensips_minimum.cfg (4K) Download Attachment