opensips rtpproxy and nat traversal for invite without register

opensips rtpproxy and nat traversal for invite without register

hart323
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: opensips rtpproxy and nat traversal for invite without register

Razvan Crainea
Hi Alexander,

When I try to open the diagram you sent, I receive the following error:

Error 500

java.io.IOException: Operation not permitted
Message: Operation not permitted
RequestURI: /file/n6775967/sip_flow.jpg
Server: n2.nabble.com

Please provide a valid image so we can investigate your scenario.

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Developer

On 09.09.2011 16:42, hart323 wrote:

> Hi!
> I have the following type of problem:
> http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/file/n6775967/sip_flow.jpg
>
> Calls (sip and media) from the outside (ip phone B)  to the inside are
> successful (top part of the diagram)
> But calls from inside to outside are not (bottom), because Avaya SES send
> invites directly to ip-phone B and not forward it to opensips. How can I fix
> this?
> I think I need to rewrite CONTACT header in the register request of the
> phone B to proxy's IP. But what else? How to route to Phone B after proxy
> got the packets?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander

Re: opensips rtpproxy and nat traversal for invite without register

hart323
This post was updated on .
Hi Răzvan Crainea,

It seems like 'insert image' function is broken :)

anyway here you go the image link
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7748/sipflow.jpg

Re: opensips rtpproxy and nat traversal for invite without register

hart323
Basically what I ask is what methods can i use to force PhoneA to go to opensips because it is a h.323 phone and there is no way to specify sip proxy in it or it's only one solution here - b2bua?

Re: opensips rtpproxy and nat traversal for invite without register

Ovidiu Sas
Check if Avaya has support for SIP Path extension:
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.7.x/path.html
This would be the clean solution.

Alternative solution: replace the IP in Contact header of REGISTER and
mirror the registration on opensips.
This should trick Avaya to think that opensips is the one registering
and Avaya should send all INVITEs to opensips.

Second alternative solution: Instruct opensips to register itself on Avaya:
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.7.x/uac_registrant.html
Handle all registrations from SIP subscribers on opensips (let
opensips act as a full registrar).

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

Ovidiu Sas wrote:

> Check if Avaya has support for SIP Path extension:
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.7.x/path.html
> This would be the clean solution.

Wow! Cool extension! It worked for me! :)
Ovidiu Sas, big thanks for the help!