opensips transparent technology

Michael Leung
Hi all

i was trying to make my opensips users to sent their real phone number
when they call .

what is the name of this technology ? transmit transparently ?

i search google find nothing, and where can i read document of this
technology ?

thanks.

gbcbooksmj.vcf (8 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: opensips transparent technology

Stefano Pisani
Where is their real phone number?
Do you have it in a database?
You can change the From header to show the real phone number.

Il 24/01/2016 12.22, MichaelLeung ha scritto:
Hi all

i was trying to make my opensips users to sent their real phone number when they call .

what is the name of this technology ? transmit transparently ?

i search google find nothing, and where can i read document of this technology ?

thanks.

Re: opensips transparent technology

Michael Leung
thanks for reply
no , it is just a asking , i don't have real phone number database, or should i have one ?
can you tell me what is the name of this technology ?

On 01/24/2016 07:33 PM, Stefano Pisani wrote:
Where is their real phone number?
Do you have it in a database?
You can change the From header to show the real phone number.

Il 24/01/2016 12.22, MichaelLeung ha scritto:
Hi all

i was trying to make my opensips users to sent their real phone number when they call .

what is the name of this technology ? transmit transparently ?

i search google find nothing, and where can i read document of this technology ?

thanks.

gbcbooksmj.vcf (8 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: opensips transparent technology

Dave Lechasseur
I’m not sure what you’re trying to do but I understand that you want to control the callerid.

By default OpenSIPS will use the caller id advertised by the peer, if by exemple the peer is a phone, the default caller id for most of them is the display name as the Caller ID name and the account name for the caller id number. If it’s a PBX, then the PBX control it (ex : callerid function in asterisk’s sip module).
It’s up to the customer to send the right caller id.

In the reality, you might want to control what the customer is sending as callerid, then you would need to rewrite the callerid in opensips (see : http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.6.x/auth.html#id293389) or your SIP Provider may rewrite the callerid for you forcing you to use a number that belong to your account. We see that often when you don’t use a wholesale provider.

I hope that help you !

Dave L.

gbcbooksmj.vcf (8 bytes) Download Attachment

gbcbooksmj.vcf (8 bytes) Download Attachment

gbcbooksmj.vcf (8 bytes) Download Attachment

gbcbooksmj.vcf (8 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: opensips transparent technology

Michael Leung
yes , $ru

does the carrier will display the "ringing from Name " base on the string $ru ? i doubt it b because string $ru include domain of sip server string, or string $rU  will also be sent into carrier and will be accepted as the display number when ringing the phone only when we change it to a real phone number.

On 02/01/2016 05:50 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
Hi,

[...]

$ru and $rU are something like destination number.
Carrier will show $fu (if it according carrier's rules). Carriers ignore domain in $fu and show "display" or user from $fu.

[...]

so , we don't  need to do anything to $fu if we sent the call to carrier.

but what if $fu isn't start with a regluar phone number ?

On 02/02/2016 01:28 PM, Pavel Eremin wrote:
[...]

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
If you want o push a different CallerID (to carrier) rather than the one you have in FROM hdr, consider using the Remote-Party-ID or P-Asserted-Identity headers.

On 02.02.2016 11:44, MichaelLeung wrote:
yes, Pavel had explaned this to me .

and , you can tell me my next questin ?