opensips transparent with overlap RFC3578

opensips transparent with overlap RFC3578

Uwe Kastens
Hello list,

Will opensips act transparent if I its installed between UA and
softswitch which both supports overlap dialing?

For the softswitch documentation:

In this scenario, as soon as the minimum amount of digits is received
according to the numbering plan (after having received the minimum
numbers of the country en-bloc), the gateway sends an INVITE and starts
T10. If a SAM arrives to the gateway, T10 is refreshed and a new INVITE
with the new digits received is sent. If all the INVITE have
been answered with a final response (different than 200 OK) and T10
expires, the call is released with an “Address Incomplete” cause value.

Anyone already configured it?

BR

Uwe
--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

Re: opensips transparent with overlap RFC3578

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Miércoles, 20 de Mayo de 2009, Uwe Kastens escribió:

> Hello list,
>

> Will opensips act transparent if I its installed between UA and
> softswitch which both supports overlap dialing?
>
> For the softswitch documentation:
>
> In this scenario, as soon as the minimum amount of digits is received
> according to the numbering plan (after having received the minimum
> numbers of the country en-bloc), the gateway sends an INVITE and starts
> T10. If a SAM arrives to the gateway, T10 is refreshed and a new INVITE
> with the new digits received is sent. If all the INVITE have
> been answered with a final response (different than 200 OK) and T10
> expires, the call is released with an “Address Incomplete” cause value.
>

> Anyone already configured it?

This feature has nothing to do with OpenSIPS which is just a proxy (and more
things) and it only routes requests.

Of course, you can implement it with OpenSIPS:
- Suppose the complete number to dial is 123456.
- GW sends 1 to OpenSIPS and it replies 484 "Address Incomplete"
- GW sends 12 and OpenSIPS replies 484.
- GW sends 123 and OpenSIPS replies 484.
- GW sends 1234 and OpenSIPS replies 484.
- GW sends 12345 and OpenSIPS replies 484.
- GW sends 123456 and OpenSIPS routes the call.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>

Re: opensips transparent with overlap RFC3578

Uwe Kastens
Hi,

>> Anyone already configured it?
>>

> This feature has nothing to do with OpenSIPS which is just a proxy (and more
> things) and it only routes requests.

I was wondering if this might give some trouble with dialog.
> Of course, you can implement it with OpenSIPS:
> - Suppose the complete number to dial is 123456.
> - GW sends 1 to OpenSIPS and it replies 484 "Address Incomplete"
> - GW sends 12 and OpenSIPS replies 484.
> - GW sends 123 and OpenSIPS replies 484.
> - GW sends 1234 and OpenSIPS replies 484.
> - GW sends 12345 and OpenSIPS replies 484.
> - GW sends 123456 and OpenSIPS routes the call.

I will try an report to the list .

BR

Uwe