opensips with asterisk => relay REGISTER

opensips with asterisk => relay REGISTER

Uwe Kastens
Hello,

Has anybody a starting point for me to achieve the following:

UAC should register with asterisk put should be "pre-authorized" with
opensips. I saw an EMail from Bogdan, that this should be possible but
ATM I could only use opensips as a registrar or route all sip messages
through opensips.

Anyone has maybe a hint where to start or maybe an example?

BR

Uwe

--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

Re: opensips with asterisk => relay REGISTER

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Uwe,

If you look at the default opensips script, you have a section (by
default commented out) where the REGISTER requests are authenticated and
if passing the auth doing save("location").

What you have to do is, after the REGISTER auth, instead of pushing the
REGISTER to the local registrar (via save()), simply forward it further
to Asterisk:

 if (is_method("REGISTER"))   {
        # authenticate the REGISTER requests
        if (!www_authorize("", "subscriber")) {
            www_challenge("", "0");
            exit;
        }

        if (!check_to()) {
            sl_send_reply("403","Forbidden auth ID");
            exit;
        }

        # auth done -> send it to registrar
        consume_credentials();
        $du = "sip:ASTERISK_IP:ASTERISK_PORT";
        t_relay();

        exit;

Uwe Kastens wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anybody a starting point for me to achieve the following:
>
> UAC should register with asterisk put should be "pre-authorized" with
> opensips. I saw an EMail from Bogdan, that this should be possible but
> ATM I could only use opensips as a registrar or route all sip messages
> through opensips.
>
> Anyone has maybe a hint where to start or maybe an example?
>
> BR
>
> Uwe

Re: opensips with asterisk => relay REGISTER

Uwe Kastens
Hello Bogdan,

Thank you for the example. In that case the asterisk have to accept the
registration without starting a auth itself?

BR

Uwe

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu schrieb:

> Hi Uwe,
>
> If you look at the default opensips script, you have a section (by
> default commented out) where the REGISTER requests are authenticated and
> if passing the auth doing save("location").
>
> What you have to do is, after the REGISTER auth, instead of pushing the
> REGISTER to the local registrar (via save()), simply forward it further
> to Asterisk:
>

>  if (is_method("REGISTER"))   {
>         # authenticate the REGISTER requests
>         if (!www_authorize("", "subscriber")) {
>             www_challenge("", "0");
>             exit;
>         }
>
>         if (!check_to()) {
>             sl_send_reply("403","Forbidden auth ID");
>             exit;
>         }
>
>         # auth done -> send it to registrar
>         consume_credentials();
>         $du = "sip:ASTERISK_IP:ASTERISK_PORT";
>         t_relay();
>
>         exit;
>     }
>

> Regards,
> Bogdan
>

> Uwe Kastens wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Has anybody a starting point for me to achieve the following:
>>
>> UAC should register with asterisk put should be "pre-authorized" with
>> opensips. I saw an EMail from Bogdan, that this should be possible but
>> ATM I could only use opensips as a registrar or route all sip messages
>> through opensips.
>>
>> Anyone has maybe a hint where to start or maybe an example?
>>
>> BR
>>
>> Uwe

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

Re: opensips with asterisk => relay REGISTER

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
In that example, Asterisk has nothing to do with AUTH.
1) opensips get the REGISTER and sends back a challange
2) opensips get the REGISTER with credentials
3) opensips does the auth and forwards the REGISTER to *