port number in record-route

Satish Patel
what is the use of port number in record-route?

I am having major issue with that look like we are running sip server
on different port to protect ourself from sip scanner we are using
non-standard port like 6060/7070 multiple port on single server so it
will failover to other port if firewall block them.

I am seeing record-route adding first port in listen: directive for example

listen=udp:x.x.x.x:7070 udp:x.x.x.x:7070 udp:x.x.x.x:5062

In this case my record-route always using 7070 in header default
recordless request coming on 5062.

I found one more issue here someone posted while ago

https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/sip-implementors/2001-March/000601.html

Re: port number in record-route

Alex Balashov
Record-Route headers contain URIs, and like any SIP URI, they can contain a port component. If that port component is omitted, 5060 is presumed.

On March 29, 2017 6:27:30 PM EDT, Satish Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:

>what is the use of port number in record-route?
>
>I am having major issue with that look like we are running sip server
>on different port to protect ourself from sip scanner we are using
>non-standard port like 6060/7070 multiple port on single server so it
>will failover to other port if firewall block them.
>
>I am seeing record-route adding first port in listen: directive for
>example
>
>listen=udp:x.x.x.x:7070 udp:x.x.x.x:7070 udp:x.x.x.x:5062
>
>In this case my record-route always using 7070 in header default
>recordless request coming on 5062.
>
>I found one more issue here someone posted while ago
>
>https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/sip-implementors/2001-March/000601.html

-- Alex

--
Principal, Evariste Systems LLC (www.evaristesys.com)

Sent from my Google Nexus.

Re: port number in record-route

Satish Patel
is there a way i can re-write record-route port number?

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 6:29 PM, Alex Balashov
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Record-Route headers contain URIs, and like any SIP URI, they can contain a port component. If that port component is omitted, 5060 is presumed.
>
> On March 29, 2017 6:27:30 PM EDT, Satish Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>what is the use of port number in record-route?
>>
>>I am having major issue with that look like we are running sip server
>>on different port to protect ourself from sip scanner we are using
>>non-standard port like 6060/7070 multiple port on single server so it
>>will failover to other port if firewall block them.
>>
>>I am seeing record-route adding first port in listen: directive for
>>example
>>
>>listen=udp:x.x.x.x:7070 udp:x.x.x.x:7070 udp:x.x.x.x:5062
>>
>>In this case my record-route always using 7070 in header default
>>recordless request coming on 5062.
>>
>>I found one more issue here someone posted while ago
>>
>>https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/sip-implementors/2001-March/000601.html

> -- Alex
>
> --
> Principal, Evariste Systems LLC (www.evaristesys.com)
>
> Sent from my Google Nexus.

Re: port number in record-route

aqsyounas

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Record-Route headers contain URIs, and like any SIP URI, they can contain a port component. If that port component is omitted, 5060 is presumed.
>
> On March 29, 2017 6:27:30 PM EDT, Satish Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>what is the use of port number in record-route?
>>
>>I am having major issue with that look like we are running sip server
>>on different port to protect ourself from sip scanner we are using
>>non-standard port like 6060/7070 multiple port on single server so it
>>will failover to other port if firewall block them.
>>
>>I am seeing record-route adding first port in listen: directive for
>>example
>>
>>listen=udp:x.x.x.x:7070 udp:x.x.x.x:7070 udp:x.x.x.x:5062
>>
>>In this case my record-route always using 7070 in header default
>>recordless request coming on 5062.
>>
>>I found one more issue here someone posted while ago
>>
>>https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/sip-implementors/2001-March/000601.html

> -- Alex
>
> --
> Principal, Evariste Systems LLC (www.evaristesys.com)
>
> Sent from my Google Nexus.

Re: port number in record-route

Satish Patel
Does this work if i use record_route_preset without PORT number
specify and let SER decide which is the best port to use?

something like this, without PORT specify

record_route_preset("62.32.212.10;nat=yes");

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 4:00 AM, Aqs Younas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This might help you.
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.2.x/rr.html#id293864
>
> On 31 March 2017 at 06:31, Satish Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> is there a way i can re-write record-route port number?
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 6:29 PM, Alex Balashov
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Record-Route headers contain URIs, and like any SIP URI, they can
>> > contain a port component. If that port component is omitted, 5060 is
>> > presumed.

>> > -- Alex
>> >
>> > --
>> > Principal, Evariste Systems LLC (www.evaristesys.com)
>> >
>> > Sent from my Google Nexus.

Re: port number in record-route

aqsyounas
Nope, this is if you want to manually write the complete record route header, instead of calling record_route().
On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 12:52 AM Satish Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does this work if i use record_route_preset without PORT number
specify and let SER decide which is the best port to use?

something like this, without PORT specify

record_route_preset("62.32.212.10;nat=yes");

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 4:00 AM, Aqs Younas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This might help you.
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.2.x/rr.html#id293864
>
> On 31 March 2017 at 06:31, Satish Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> is there a way i can re-write record-route port number?
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 6:29 PM, Alex Balashov
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Record-Route headers contain URIs, and like any SIP URI, they can
>> > contain a port component. If that port component is omitted, 5060 is
>> > presumed.

>> > -- Alex
>> >
>> > --
>> > Principal, Evariste Systems LLC (www.evaristesys.com)
>> >
>> > Sent from my Google Nexus.

Re: port number in record-route

Hi Satish,

Ok, you listen on non standard ports (7070, 6060, 5062, etc). And
OpenSIPS (when doing record_route()) will add the RR header along with
the port indication (according to the interface the request is handled).

If the request is received on x.x.x.x:7070, it will be RR with that IP
and port.

If the request is received on x.x.x.x:6060, it will be RR with the 6060
port.

Where is the problem ?

OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
   http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html