problem using scripting variables AND inject random delays

problem using scripting variables AND inject random delays

amar mahmoud
Hi all,
       i am quite new to use opensips, i have been using SER since last week.

i want to use opensips to inject a delay then relay SIP messages, actually there is function "sleep" under cfgutils.so module, i have tested it .. it is working fine, my problems are:

1/ i have problem using scripting variable i want to do like that:

  # define variable
$var(a) = 10;

 # then

sleep ("$var(a)");

but the config file does not accept that, it gives error  while when i use  sleep("10") there is no problem... so do i have a problem using that and if yes how can i solve this.

2/ i need to implement this delay to be a random variate where i can use different distribution like exponential or   normal, does any one try to do that before or have an idea how i can implement that

any ideas are appreciated.

Amar

Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live Click here

Re: problem using scripting variables AND inject random delays

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
:Hi Amar,

amar mahmoud wrote:

> Hi all,
>        i am quite new to use opensips, i have been using SER since
> last week.
>
> i want to use opensips to inject a delay then relay SIP
> messages, actually there is function "sleep" under cfgutils.so module,
> i have tested it .. it is working fine, my problems are:
>
> 1/ i have problem using scripting variable i want to do like that:
>
>   # define variable
> $var(a) = 10;
>
>  # then
>
> sleep ("$var(a)");
>
> but the config file does not accept that, it gives error  while when i
> use  sleep("10") there is no problem... so do i have a problem using
> that and if yes how can i solve this.
Indeed, the sleep() function does not accept as argument a variable - if
you are interested in this, open a feature request on the project tracker:
    http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Development.Tracker

> 2/ i need to implement this delay to be a random variate where i can
> use different distribution like exponential or   normal, does any one
> try to do that before or have an idea how i can implement that

I know it is an ugly hack, but you might make it work using a while
statement:
    instead of  :

           sleep ("$var(a)");

    do: