question on droute module

Juan Backson
Hi,

I have some questions about using the droute model.  Has anyone tried to run the droute module with, let's say, > 1M routes?   Can opensips still scale with that large number of routes?   It seems like the droute module loads all the routes in memory, does that mean any update to the route will require a restart of opensips?

Any suggestion from the field will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JB

Re: question on droute module

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hello Juan,

Juan Backson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some questions about using the droute model.  Has anyone tried
> to run the droute module with, let's say, > 1M routes?
I personally try with 500K of rules with no issue. Internally (by
design) there is no limitation of the number of rules and
gateways...only memory is a limit - so, I advice to see:

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/drouting.html#id227252

probably you need like 200M of mem for this, but depends of the
distribution of your prefixes (Btrees are used to internally keep the data)
>   Can opensips still scale with that large number of routes?
I would say yes, with no issue - just scale the shared memory
> It seems like the droute module loads all the routes in memory, does
> that mean any update to the route will require a restart of opensips?
no - use the MI command "DR_RELOAD" - this will trigger a reload of the
data from DB into memory:

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/drouting.html#id272745