"opensipsctl add" gives wrong error when no DB permissions

"opensipsctl add" gives wrong error when no DB permissions

Iñaki Baz Castillo
Hi, the configured MySQL user has no permissions to write in "subscriber"
table so the entry is not added, but "opensipsctl" gives the following error
that makes no sense (since it's false):

----------
~# opensipsctl add alice password
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'sip'@'localhost' (using password:
YES)
INFO: user 'alice' already exists

Re: "opensipsctl add" gives wrong error when no DB permissions

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Sábado, 8 de Noviembre de 2008, Iñaki Baz Castillo escribió:

> Hi, the configured MySQL user has no permissions to write in "subscriber"
> table so the entry is not added, but "opensipsctl" gives the following
> error that makes no sense (since it's false):
>
> ----------
> ~# opensipsctl add alice password
> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'sip'@'localhost' (using
> password: YES)
> INFO: user 'alice' already exists
> ----------

Just a note: The DB user "sip" has no permission to read the table due to bad
password.

Re: "opensipsctl add" gives wrong error when no DB permissions

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Iñaki,

So, the report is invalid, as it understand (wrong password).

BTW, have you tried the new perl console ? osipsconsole ?

El Lunes, 10 de Noviembre de 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu escribió:
> Hi Iñaki,
>
> So, the report is invalid, as it understand (wrong password).

Well, the bug I report is that, having a wrong password set, the error
returned by "opensipsctl" is:

  INFO: user 'alice' already exists

but in fact this user *doesn't* exist.

> BTW, have you tried the new perl console ? osipsconsole ?

Not yet, let me learn how to install a Perl library (Frontier/RPC2) since I
get:
  Can't locate Frontier/RPC2.pm

:)