register phone in same local network as opensips

register phone in same local network as opensips

Alexander Jankowsky

I have started noticing some unusual and perhaps erratic behaviour in the VoIP phones themselves.

When opensips is normally routinely taken offline overnight or for some hours and is then rebooted.

Depending on the phones configuration, the phones do not always register as consistently as expected.

At the moment, I am learning about opensips and bringing up the system with opensips 2.3.0-beta.

So I am consequently also making routine changes to the phone configurations, trying the options.

We have been using these same phones for some time for direct IP to IP calling and they are very stable.

So I really was not expecting the unaccountable port changes that I was seeing in the sipgrep captures.

While I am still learning to configure and make opensips work. You know, if it aint broke don’t fix it!

This goes a long way to explaining the odd behaviour I was attributing to the routers or to opensips.

Right now I am looking at a sipgrep capture that says the routers and opensips appear to be working.

I am investigating this and in one sense it perhaps may have simplified the configuration workaround.

Alex