reply with CANCEL message

rob1485
Hi,

- openSIP received two 180 messages from both End points A and B.
- End-point A answers, and sends a 200OK to openSIP
Then, I need to sends a CANCEL message to End-point B.

Which one of the functions I can use:  sl_send_reply( ) or  t_reply( ) ?
I assume the function should be called in onreply_route block !!

Thanks,
RR

Re: reply with CANCEL message

Alex R.S.M
The INVITE request to End-point B generated with append_branch() within openSIP.
So how openSIP knows to generate a CANCEL message when one End-point answers the call?

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:19:08 -0600
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
CC: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] reply with CANCEL message

The cancel should go out automatically. You don't need to generate it.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Robert R <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

- openSIP received two 180 messages from both End points A and B.
- End-point A answers, and sends a 200OK to openSIP
Then, I need to sends a CANCEL message to End-point B.

Which one of the functions I can use:  sl_send_reply( ) or  t_reply( ) ?
I assume the function should be called in onreply_route block !!

Thanks,
RR

Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious email. Sign up today.

Re: reply with CANCEL message

Alex Balashov
Alex R.S.M wrote:
> The INVITE request to End-point B generated with append_branch() within
> openSIP.
> So how openSIP knows to generate a CANCEL message when one End-point
> answers the call?

Are you generating it manually or using the registrar's forking mechanism?

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems

2008/11/13 Alex R. S. M <[hidden email]>:
> The INVITE request to End-point B generated with append_branch() within
> openSIP.
> So how openSIP knows to generate a CANCEL message when one End-point answers
> the call?

What is the problem? when you generate a new branch with
"append_branch()" OpenSIPS already know that this transaction has a
new branch, so if it receives a CANCEL from upstream it will "forward"
it to all the pending branches (including the new created one). This
is done automatically by OpenSIPS when using "t_relay()" for the
CANCEL request.

But I don't understand why you think OpenSIPS doesn't handle it
internally, of course it does.

<[hidden email]>

Re: reply with CANCEL message

Alex R.S.M
End-point B sends a REGISTER message to openSIP. I get the URI of the End-point B from "location" table using a perl script. Then I manually generate a branch with append_branch().

Is the registrar's forking mechanism different?

> Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:31:23 -0500
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]; [hidden email]; [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] reply with CANCEL message
>
> Alex R.S.M wrote:
> > The INVITE request to End-point B generated with append_branch() within
> > openSIP.
> > So how openSIP knows to generate a CANCEL message when one End-point
> > answers the call?
>
> Are you generating it manually or using the registrar's forking mechanism?
>
> --
> Alex Balashov
> Evariste Systems
> Web : http://www.evaristesys.com/
> Tel : (+1) (678) 954-0670
> Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
> Mobile : (+1) (706) 338-8599

See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life Click here

Re: reply with CANCEL message

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2008/11/13 Alex R. S. M <[hidden email]>:
> End-point B sends a REGISTER message to openSIP. I get the URI of the
> End-point B from "location" table using a perl script. Then I manually
> generate a branch with append_branch().

It doesn't matter how you decide the new URI of the new branch. You
generate the branch with "append_branch()" so a CANCEL will make
OpenSIPS also cancelling this new branch.

<[hidden email]>

Re: reply with CANCEL message

Alex R.S.M
No CANCEL message is being sent to openSIPS.  OpenSIPS received 180 from both End-points. One End-point answers.
I want OpenSIPS to generate CANCEL message and sends to the other End-point.

> Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:45:50 +0100
> From: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] reply with CANCEL message
>
> 2008/11/13 Alex R. S. M <[hidden email]>:
> > The INVITE request to End-point B generated with append_branch() within
> > openSIP.
> > So how openSIP knows to generate a CANCEL message when one End-point answers
> > the call?
>
> What is the problem? when you generate a new branch with
> "append_branch()" OpenSIPS already know that this transaction has a
> new branch, so if it receives a CANCEL from upstream it will "forward"
> it to all the pending branches (including the new created one). This
> is done automatically by OpenSIPS when using "t_relay()" for the
> CANCEL request.
>
> But I don't understand why you think OpenSIPS doesn't handle it
> internally, of course it does.
>

> --
> Iñaki Baz Castillo
> <[hidden email]>

Re: reply with CANCEL message

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2008/11/13 Alex R. S. M <[hidden email]>:
> No CANCEL message is being sent to openSIPS.  OpenSIPS received 180 from
> both End-points. One End-point answers.
> I want OpenSIPS to generate CANCEL message and sends to the other End-point.

Ok. When OpenSIPS receives the 200 from one branch it will generate
**automatically** a CANCEL for any pending branch. This is done
automatically.

<[hidden email]>