several SIP phones with same SIP account

several SIP phones with same SIP account

Jorge Ortea
Hi,

is possible to have several sip phones configurated with the same SIP account ?

If i want to have a SIP account configurated in two phones, for ex. my SIP phone in the office and my smartphone, I need two accounts SIP perforce and configure my PBX to manage multiDial to both accounts or exist way to configure the same SIP account in both ???

Thanks.
Regards.

Re: several SIP phones with same SIP account

Vlad Paiu
Hello,

Of course you can have several sip phones configured with the same SIP account.
Just configure the same account on the phones you want, and then when a call comes in for that specific account, you can configure OpenSIPS to either do parallel forking ( ring all the phones at the same time, which-ever answers first will get the call ) , or do serial forking ( try each phone one at a time until you either get a success or a failure on all phones ).

Regards,
Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 02/08/2012 10:32 AM, Jorge Ortea wrote:
Hi,

is possible to have several sip phones configurated with the same SIP account ?

If i want to have a SIP account configurated in two phones, for ex. my SIP phone in the office and my smartphone, I need two accounts SIP perforce and configure my PBX to manage multiDial to both accounts or exist way to configure the same SIP account in both ???

Thanks.
Regards.

Re: several SIP phones with same SIP account

Jorge Ortea

Hi,

thanks for response Vlad.

One question, how can i do parallel forking?

This is my idea,
I suppose that i would have 2 records in location table with the same username, when arrive a INVITE i check if i have more that one record, then i build the $du with contact information y the append_branch corresponding ??  is this correct?

Thanks.
Regards.

Re: several SIP phones with same SIP account

Vlad Paiu
Hi,

OpenSIPS does parallel forking by default. When calling the lookup [1] function from the registrar module, all the existing contacts for an AOR will be loaded as branches, and the INVITE will be forwarded to all contacts in parallel.

[1] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/registrar.html#id292937

On 02/09/2012 02:50 PM, Jorge Ortea wrote:

Hi,

thanks for response Vlad.

One question, how can i do parallel forking?

This is my idea,
I suppose that i would have 2 records in location table with the same username, when arrive a INVITE i check if i have more that one record, then i build the $du with contact information y the append_branch corresponding ??  is this correct?

Thanks.
Regards.

Re: several SIP phones with same SIP account

David J.-2
If the default behavior is to do parallel forking how would you implement serial forking?

Is it a module parameter of the register module?

Thanks.

On 2/9/12 8:12 AM, Vlad Paiu wrote:
[...]

The lookup() function adds all the needed branches, it's up to you as the script writer on how you use those branches, by doing serial or parallel forking.
To do serial forking, after doing lookup(), call the serialize_branches core function, to order the branches based on the q value.
After that, before relaying the INVITE, arm a failure_route in case the first destination fails.
Inside the failure_route, call next_branches() to have OpenSIPS try the next branch and arm again the failure_route to repeat the same process in case the subsequent branches fail as well.

[1] http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreFcn#toc138
[2] http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreFcn#toc120