support for cloudamqp

Tito Cumpen
Hello,

I was wondering if there was any intention to update the amqp support to allow opensips to post events to cloudamqp(https://www.cloudamqp.com). When I try to connect cloudamqp it fails because it is outdated.

Thanks,
Tito

Re: support for cloudamqp

Razvan Crainea-3
Hi, Tito!

I've just made a free cloudamqp account for testing and used the new rabbitmq module to send a message in the queue. The message was not published initially due to the fact that I was using the "immediate" flag, (I was receiving NOT_IMPLEMENTED, probably because the free account lacks some features), but after I removed the setting the message was successfully delivered in the queue.
I didn't test with the event_rabbitmq module though, but I imagine it will work too, since both modules (event_rabbitmq and rabbitmq) use the same AMQP library.
Can you detail a bit how you tested so we can find where the problem is on your setup?

Best regards,
Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Solutions
www.opensips-solutions.com
On 04/20/2017 09:18 PM, Tito Cumpen wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if there was any intention to update the amqp support to allow opensips to post events to cloudamqp(https://www.cloudamqp.com). When I try to connect cloudamqp it fails because it is outdated.

Thanks,
Tito

Re: support for cloudamqp

Tito Cumpen
Hey Razvan,

I tried the following on Opensips:

  subscribe_event("E_ACC_EVENT","rabbitmq:vhostuser:pw@.../vhostuser/queuename")

their URL string is in this format :

amqp://vhostusert:pw@.../vhostuser

When Opensips tries to connect to this queue it sends

/ as the argument for openvhost

Cloudamqp replies with

NOT_ALLOWED - access to vhost '/' refused for user 'vhostuser'

Is my opensips syntax incorrect ? or is this a bug ?

Also I am not sure what you mean by immediate.

Thanks,

Tito

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 5:56 AM, Răzvan Crainea <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

You are right, this is not possible with the event_rabbitmq module, because there is no way to specify the virtual host in the url.
But you can use the latest rabbitmq module in OpenSIPS 2.3.

Best regards,
Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Solutions
www.opensips-solutions.com
On 04/21/2017 09:53 PM, Tito Cumpen wrote:
[...]

Razvan,

How do specify the virtualhost in 2.3?  can you send me a sample of the syntax ?

On Apr 24, 2017 3:30 AM, "Răzvan Crainea" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Tito!

You are right, this is not possible with the event_rabbitmq module, because there is no way to specify the virtual host in the url.
But you can use the latest rabbitmq module in OpenSIPS 2.3.

Best regards,
Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Solutions
www.opensips-solutions.com
On 04/21/2017 09:53 PM, Tito Cumpen wrote:
Hey Razvan,

I tried the following on Opensips:

  subscribe_event("E_ACC_EVENT","rabbitmq:vhostuser:pw@host.cloudamqp.com/vhostuser/queuename")

their URL string is in this format :

amqp://vhostusert:pw@host.cloudamqp.com/vhostuser

[...]

Here's[1] the snippet I used for my tests.

[1] https://pastebin.com/rRZhDXTX

Best regards,
Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Solutions
www.opensips-solutions.com
On 04/24/2017 10:35 AM, Tito Cumpen wrote:
[...]

Can you share the syntax for 2.3 again ? Although it looks like the documentation claims:

2.3.

What is the vhost used by the AMQP server?

Currently, the only vhost supported is '/'.

Thanks,
Tito

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Răzvan Crainea <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

  subscribe_event("E_ACC_EVENT","rabbitmq:vhostuser:pw@...oudamqp.com/vhostuser/queuename")

their URL string is in this format :

amqp://vhostusert:pw@...damqp.com/vhostuser