tcp_no_new_conn_bflag usage

Alex Massover

Hi,

I have a question regarding tcp_no_new_conn_bflag usage.

When tcp_no_new_conn_bflag removes AOR, upon TCP disconnect or as a result of t_relay? I'm trying to implement the scenario where AORs are removed upon TCP disconnect without waiting for the next INVITE to this client.

--

Alex Massover | Telefónica Digital

Architect

M +972-54-2279512

Re: tcp_no_new_conn_bflag usage

Vlad Paiu
Hello,

The tcp_no_new_conn_bflag only instructs OpenSIPS to not attempt opening a new TCP connection, and only re-use existing connections for relaying the request ( if no connection available, a negative reply will automatically be generated ) - it is currently not linked to the status of an AOR ( registered or not ).

Best Regards,
Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com
On 20.08.2014 14:04, Alex Massover wrote:

Hi,

I have a question regarding tcp_no_new_conn_bflag usage.

When tcp_no_new_conn_bflag removes AOR, upon TCP disconnect or as a result of t_relay? I'm trying to implement the scenario where AORs are removed upon TCP disconnect without waiting for the next INVITE to this client.

--

Alex Massover | Telefónica Digital

Architect

M +972-54-2279512

Re: tcp_no_new_conn_bflag usage

Alex Massover

Hi Vlad,

Thanks, I see. IIUIC, the same is about tcp_persistent_flag, it just sets tcp expiration, but does nothing with AOR,  isn't it?

Does it make sense to you, that tcp_persistent_flag could also remove AOR in case the connection is dropped? On the one hand there's no reason to set this flag, until the client is behind NAT, on the other hand there's no reason to continue keeping AOR, if TCP connection is dropped, as it won't be reachable either.

BR, Alex.