timeout settings

robert

I assume openSIPS is following the SIP RFC for timeout settings, but is it possible to reduce the timeouts for things like INVITEs?

Robert

Thank you for your compliance.

Re: timeout settings

robert

I should note that this is in the context of failing over to other destinations via load balancing.

Can this be handle via  modparam("tm", "fr_timer", xxx)?

Robert Mundkowsky

I assume openSIPS is following the SIP RFC for timeout settings, but is it possible to reduce the timeouts for things like INVITEs?

Robert

Thank you for your compliance.

Re: timeout settings

robert

I think I found the settings (fr_timeout and fr_inv_timeout). Not quite sure how these differ?

Robert Mundkowsky

I should note that this is in the context of failing over to other destinations via load balancing.

Can this be handle via  modparam("tm", "fr_timer", xxx)?

Robert Mundkowsky

I assume openSIPS is following the SIP RFC for timeout settings, but is it possible to reduce the timeouts for things like INVITEs?

Robert

Thank you for your compliance.

Re: timeout settings

Khalil Khamlichi
Did you look at the documention of the dialog module ?

Sent from my Samsung Note

On Sep 22, 2017 8:52 PM, "Mundkowsky, Robert" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I assume openSIPS is following the SIP RFC for timeout settings, but is it possible to reduce the timeouts for things like INVITEs?

Robert

Thank you for your compliance.

Re: timeout settings

robert

My guess is the timeout I am referring to happens before a dialog is started.

Robert Mundkowsky

Re: timeout settings

Hi Robert,

The fr_timeout is the timeout between sending out the request and receiving ANY reply back from UAS side.

The fr_inv_timeout kicks in after receiving a reply back and it times out on receiving the FIANL reply (>=200).