uac_registrant clustering

OpenSIPS - Users mailing list
Hi all,

if there's a way to share outboung registrations for high availability?

There's nothing about cluster support in uac_registrant documentation.

Assuming that I'd like to register 2 OpenSIPS boxes against VoIP providers'
in the Internet.

Re: uac_registrant clustering

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Alexey,

I fail to see the need for such a sharing - correct me if I'm wrong, but if "backup" OpenSIPS kicks in, it should simply register again against the provider

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/
On 11/14/2018 12:06 PM, Alexey Kazantsev via Users wrote:
Hi all,

if there's a way to share outboung registrations for high availability?

There's nothing about cluster support in uac_registrant documentation.

Assuming that I'd like to register 2 OpenSIPS boxes against VoIP providers'
in the Internet.

Re: uac_registrant clustering

vasilevalex
Hi, all.
In cluster environment it makes sense to have some way to enable/disable
outbound registrations. To keep backup server silent.

--
Sent from: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-Users-f1449235.html

Re: uac_registrant clustering

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Alexey,

So basically you want to take advantage of the clustering layer in order
to decide which server (active/backup) to register further ?

On 11/15/2018 11:05 AM, vasilevalex wrote:

> Hi, all.
> In cluster environment it makes sense to have some way to enable/disable
> outbound registrations. To keep backup server silent.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-Users-f1449235.html

Re: uac_registrant clustering

vasilevalex
Hi Bogdan,

I hope, I didn't confuse you as original question was by another Alexey.

And I also think that sharing outbound registrations between two active
servers is something that has not much practical appliance.
But when we have Active/Passive cluster with virtual IP (both servers
running), it's better to have some way to disable outbound registrations on
backup server and to enable them when switching Backup->Active.
Perfect if it will be the same way, as Razvan wrote here:
https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/1532

--
Sent from: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-Users-f1449235.html

Re: uac_registrant clustering

OpenSIPS - Users mailing list
assuming that un-registration is just a REGISTER request with Expiry: 0,
maybe this will not be a difficult task for our respected developers to
implement this :)

vasilevalex <[hidden email]>:

But when we have Active/Passive cluster with virtual IP (both servers
running), it's better to have some way to disable outbound registrations on
backup server and to enable them when switching Backup->Active.

Re: uac_registrant clustering

Hi Alexei,

Thanks for pointing it out and sorry for the mixing :(

I agree on what you said, I already sync'ed with Razvan on the matter,
such an option will be available for 3.0

Thanks and regards,