uac_registrant, how to force registration port?

uac_registrant, how to force registration port?

Max E. Reyes Vera J.
Hi,

I was testing the uac_registrant module to register opensips with my sip provider, but I have one issue, when the opensips is registered it use a random port, so when I go to my account details(on the sip provider web page) I can see the status as Registered with my Public_IP:RandomPort, i.e: 189.256.36.12:10623. I tried to use the forced_socket field but with no luck, every time it register with random port.

My opensips is behind NAT

opensips------>router---------->sip provider.

Is there a way to force the port on registration just like asterisk does with the 5060 port?

Thanks & best regards.

PD: How can I reply future answers. I mean, I just click on the owner's thread email and that open my mail client with the RE:subject, but when I check the list my response appear like a new thread. :(

--
Saludos Cordiales

dCAA. Max E. Reyes Vera Juárez
Desarrollo y Soporte Asterisk  / Hardware

Re: uac_registrant, how to force registration port?

Ali Pey
Hello,

This has nothing to do with opensips. This is your router that is picking a random port when it does NAT.

How you can fix it: it all depends on what kind of router you have. Some allow static NAT binding. The cheap routers don't have that flexibility.

Some routers, if you do a port forwarding from your public IP:port to opensips, they use that binding for outgoing NAT as well - just another thing to try.

It also depends on how many devices you have on your LAN side of the router and if any other device is using that port.

Also, sometimes when you reboot the router, it gives you the same port as opensips and will keep it as long as it's up.

So, just do some research on your router.

Regards,
Ali Pey

www.Digital-Merge.com

Re: uac_registrant, how to force registration port?

Ovidiu Sas
Run ngrep on the opensips box and you will see the source port of the
REGISTER packet.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Max E. Reyes Vera J. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That sounds legit but why my others sip clients force the use of the 5060
> port? asterisk, softphone and desk ip phone force the registration to 5060
> port. I can see in the console my_public_ip:5060
>

> --
> Saludos Cordiales
>
> dCAA. Max E. Reyes Vera Juárez
> Desarrollo y Soporte Asterisk  / Hardware
> (+52) 55 4170-3703 xt 5000
> www.Digital-Merge.com

VoIP Embedded, Inc.
http://www.voipembedded.com