uac_replace_from To header corruption

Jeff Pyle
Hello,

The uac_replace_from() function seems to be corrupting the To header in at
least some cases.

Here's an example.  A BYE comes in from a PSTN gateway with the following
headers:

To: "Anonymous" <sip:[hidden email]>;tag=as12c6b8f1
Route:
<sip:zz.xx.cc.yy;lr=on;ftag=as12c6b8f1;vsf=TXVycjImBhEvMDNhBxNPNhQ1MisgOhRHN
DAaTCEICg-->

After passing through Opensips, the To header reads (TN obfuscated for
privacy):

To:  "Anonymous" <sip:2160000000nwytww{e8b\valid>;tag=as12c6b8f1

Opensips then throws up some errors about this header:

 ERROR:core:parse_to: unexpected char [\] in status 6: <<"Anonymous"
<sip:2160000000nwytww{e8b>> .
 ERROR:core:get_hdr_field: bad to header
 INFO:core:parse_headers: bad header field
 ERROR:tm:t_check: reply cannot be parsed

The original invite's From header looked like this:

From: "Customer Name" <sip:[hidden email]>;tag=as12c6b8f1

The config in use is as follows:

uac_replace_from("Anonymous","sip:[hidden email]");

This gets run if certain flags are set that indicate the call is to be
anonymized.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: uac_replace_from To header corruption

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Jeff,

I suspect that the callee device is not properly mirroring the RR header
(maybe is converting to lower cases the whole string), which is against
the RFC.

Try to capture the RR in INVITE leaving OpenSIPS and in the BYE received
by OPenSIPS and see if there are any differences between.

Jeff Pyle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The uac_replace_from() function seems to be corrupting the To header in at
> least some cases.
>
> Here's an example.  A BYE comes in from a PSTN gateway with the following
> headers:
>
> To: "Anonymous" <sip:[hidden email]>;tag=as12c6b8f1
> Route:
> <sip:zz.xx.cc.yy;lr=on;ftag=as12c6b8f1;vsf=TXVycjImBhEvMDNhBxNPNhQ1MisgOhRHN
> DAaTCEICg-->
>

> After passing through Opensips, the To header reads (TN obfuscated for
> privacy):
>
> To:  "Anonymous" <sip:2160000000nwytww{e8b\valid>;tag=as12c6b8f1
>

> Opensips then throws up some errors about this header:
>
>  ERROR:core:parse_to: unexpected char [\] in status 6: <<"Anonymous"
> <sip:2160000000nwytww{e8b>> .
>  ERROR:core:get_hdr_field: bad to header
>  INFO:core:parse_headers: bad header field
>  ERROR:tm:t_check: reply cannot be parsed
>

> The original invite's From header looked like this:
>
> From: "Customer Name" <sip:[hidden email]>;tag=as12c6b8f1
>

> The config in use is as follows:
>
> uac_replace_from("Anonymous","sip:[hidden email]");
>
> This gets run if certain flags are set that indicate the call is to be
> anonymized.
>

> Any thoughts?
>

> Thanks,
> Jeff

Re: uac_replace_from To header corruption

Jeff Pyle
Hi Bogdan,

Over the last few days I came across a few other reasons I can't change the
From header at the stage where this Opensips instance is operating.  I won't
be able to test this until I get another lab environment set up.  That could
be a while.

Thanks anyway.

- Jeff