unable to start mediaproxy

Asim Riaz
Hi List,
I am getting below error when trying to start mediaproxy 2.3.2;

fatal error: failed to create MediaProxy Relay: missing or unreadable file: tls/relay.crt
the directory /etc/mediaproxy/tls is empty

any idea ?

Thanks,

Asim

Re: unable to start mediaproxy

Gabriel Bermudez
Hi Asim

Asim Riaz escribió:

> Hi List,
> I am getting below error when trying to start mediaproxy 2.3.2;
>
> fatal error: failed to create MediaProxy Relay: missing or unreadable
> file: tls/relay.crt
> the directory /etc/mediaproxy/tls is empty
>
> any idea ?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Asim

If you are using mediaproxy for testing purposes you can copy the files
that are inside the tls directory that comes with the .tar.gz file to
/etc/mediaproxy/tls

Re: unable to start mediaproxy

Tijmen de Mes
Hi Asim,

The relay connects to the dispatcher using TLS. For testing you can use the sample files in the tls directory in the tar.gz. If you want to use in in production you'll have to generate your own files.

Regards,

Tijmen
On 2 Feb 2009, at 16:23, Asim Riaz wrote:

Hi List,
I am getting below error when trying to start mediaproxy 2.3.2;

fatal error: failed to create MediaProxy Relay: missing or unreadable file: tls/relay.crt
the directory /etc/mediaproxy/tls is empty

any idea ?

Thanks,

Asim

Re: unable to start mediaproxy

Asim Riaz

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Gabriel Bermudez <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Asim

Asim Riaz escribió:
Hi List,
I am getting below error when trying to start mediaproxy 2.3.2;

fatal error: failed to create MediaProxy Relay: missing or unreadable file: tls/relay.crt
the directory /etc/mediaproxy/tls is empty

any idea ?

Thanks,

Asim

If you are using mediaproxy for testing purposes you can copy the files that are inside the tls directory that comes with the .tar.gz file to /etc/mediaproxy/tls

Regards,

Gabriel,
I dont want to use it only for testing purpose, in that case do i need to install it again ?

I used apt-get to install  relay, dispatcher  and web-sessions.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Tijmen de Mes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Asim,

The relay connects to the dispatcher using TLS. For testing you can use the sample files in the tls directory in the tar.gz. If you want to use in in production you'll have to generate your own files.

Regards,

Tijmen

Hi Tijmen,
how can generate this file, during the installation?

I used apt-get to install mediaproxy.

Asim Riaz escribió:
Hi List,
I am getting below error when trying to start mediaproxy 2.3.2;

fatal error: failed to create MediaProxy Relay: missing or unreadable file: tls/relay.crt
the directory /etc/mediaproxy/tls is empty

any idea ?

Thanks,

Asim

If you are using mediaproxy for testing purposes you can copy the files that are inside the tls directory that comes with the .tar.gz file to /etc/mediaproxy/tls

Regards,

Gabriel,
I dont want to use it only for testing purpose, in that case do i need to install it again ?

I used apt-get to install  relay, dispatcher  and web-sessions.

Thanks

Asim

Hi Asim,

You don't need to reinstall. In the /usr/share/doc/mediaproxy-common/tls dir are the sample files and a readme for making your own certificates using tinyca

Regards,

Tijmen

Asim Riaz escribió:
[...]

Thanks,  found the tls README.