usrloc hash_size

OpenSIPS - Users mailing list
Hi Guys,

How do I calculate the required hash table size depend on the number of registrations in the location table ?. I have about 20K registrations in my location table.

The default hash_size of 9 means 512 entries, but thats not the actual no. registrations right ? Its definition doesn't seems clear to me.

I'm using opensips 2.3.6

Thank you.

Re: usrloc hash_size

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Pasan,

All the registrations will evenly distribute across all hash entries, so for 512 entries and 20k regs -> 20000 / 512 = 39 regs per entry, which is quite decent size for a map.

  https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 2019
On 03/11/2019 09:20 AM, Pasan Meemaduma via Users wrote:
Hi Guys,

How do I calculate the required hash table size depend on the number of registrations in the location table ?. I have about 20K registrations in my location table.

The default hash_size of 9 means 512 entries, but thats not the actual no. registrations right ? Its definition doesn't seems clear to me.

I'm using opensips 2.3.6

Thank you.

Re: usrloc hash_size

OpenSIPS - Users mailing list