what to reset after crash

robert

I am running a single openSIPS instance.  I noticed if there is a dialog and openSIPS crashes then the dialog state is still set to active for a load balancer destination even if the call ended when openSIPS was down.

I am guessing db_mode should be set to 0 for all modules (e.g. dialog) if you run a single openSIPS instance?  Or are there some settings that need to be reset after a crash?

In other words, saving the states of modules in the database is only a good idea if openSIPS is run in a cluster where hopefully there is at least one instance up all the time.

Robert

Thank you for your compliance.

Re: what to reset after crash

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Robert,

Of course, if opensips is down for a long time, the BYE will be miss, so you will end up with a zombie call. Still, even such a call will be expired by OpenSIPS after the "call lifetime max duration". Or, if you consider that the downtime was too long, purge the dialog table before start.

The DB persistence (for dialog) is for restarts. Usually you should avoid long term downtimes.